Author Topic: Caribbean Break  (Read 2217 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Caribbean Break
« on: July 21, 2018, 03:48:07 PM »
So,

After finishing up part 4 of BWEP: Dalton Highway, I needed a break from the pipeline. I love the scenery but miles and miles of pipe fitting has left me burned out and I just want to getaway from that. This project has two more long legs to go but I need a break.

Now, my work schedule has left me with a lot less seat time than I would like lately and when I do sit down with the sim, I just want to fly and relax and not do any scenery design. So, lately, I've been taking in the sights in warm tropical climates like Hawaii Photoreal and UTX TAC. (Ultimate Terrain X Tropical America and Caribbean) It's a nice break but lately, the OOM errors have increased with the sim. (Prepar3D v2.5) So I finally caved in and got v4.3. Now I just need some time to get it installed properly, configured and tweaked a little bit.

Then I'll need to install all the RTMM stuff again and start from scratch. I know that Instant Scenery doesn't work in v4 but my work around is to have a copy of FSX on the system I can use to design with. That practice will continue.

Oh well, just saying hello since I've not been so frequently stationed here at Misty's Place. I'll be back and will probably have some questions for users of v4 I'm sure once I finally install the damn software!!

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Caribbean Break
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 09:57:17 AM »
Hi Brad,

I am still on P3Dv3.4 so you are one step up on me.  Guess I have been too busy developing scenery too!  I am glad you will have firsthand experience when I do get P3Dv4.3 in the next few months.  Since the release of The Western Chugach - Part 2 is coming up at the end of this month or so, you will be able to try that one out once you get P3Dv4.3 running.  Have fun!

Rod