Author Topic: Request for another navigation button  (Read 4674 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Request for another navigation button
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:00:10 AM »
I tried to include this request in my first attempt at griping about the login issue I have but lost it when my login timed out (@$%$#^&%^) so I have logged out and back in so I can keep this one without losing it.
When I navigate the board I open a forum and read all the new posts therein. After I finish the posts I normally just click on the button labeled Home at the top of the forum navigation page in the dark bar (second Home button down from top of screen) which takes me back to the forum home page where I can open the next forum with unread post.
When there are many posts in a thread I find it tedious to have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to locate the Home button again.  Can another Home button or Return to top of page button be added say to the bottom left of the posts so when I finish reading a long series of posts I can just click there and get back to either the top of the page or, if it is a Home button, to the Forum Home Page.
I will not need to install a water cooling system for my scroll wheel that way!  ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

Re: Request for another navigation button
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:39:39 PM »
That would be most welcome :)
Graham

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »
That would be most welcome :)

Which Graham,
a new button or water cooling?   ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
Both ;D
Graham

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »
Sorry for the delay, I've kinda left the site on auto-pilot, checking in with Doug regularly to see if anything's blowing up.    ;D

I'll take a look at this added functionality for ya.

In the meantime, the "Misty Moorings Forums" at the bottom of all pages is click-able and will return you to the forum home as well.   For instance, in this particular forum, it's part of the following at the bottom of the page:

"    Misty Moorings Forums »    Return to Misty Moorings (FSX) »    Website Discussion "

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 09:51:21 AM »
Sorry for the delay, I've kinda left the site on auto-pilot, checking in with Doug regularly to see if anything's blowing up.    ;D

I'll take a look at this added functionality for ya.

In the meantime, the "Misty Moorings Forums" at the bottom of all pages is click-able and will return you to the forum home as well.   For instance, in this particular forum, it's part of the following at the bottom of the page:

"    Misty Moorings Forums »    Return to Misty Moorings (FSX) »    Website Discussion "

Well DUH!  :o
Dan thanks for letting me know that simple solution to what was never really a problem.  With that tidbit of knowledge in my pointy little head all is right with the world and life on earth as we know it is not going to end at midnight!   ::)

No need to use up valuable time with a redundant button at all. 

8)
Later,

Spud

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 11:35:10 PM »
Good, glad that works out for ya then.   :)