Author Topic: flight plans  (Read 4664 times)

MFC0046

flight plans
« on: July 10, 2018, 02:15:56 PM »
I have the 1st tour flight plans in the plan folderVCRAFM but will not load into plane.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: flight plans
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 07:45:52 PM »
     I am assuming you are referring to the Tour 1 flight plan download package from the Misty's Flying Club web page.  When you open the zip file, there will be several folders inside.  One folder contains the flight plans.  Place that folder into your sim's flightplans folder. ("Prepar3D v4 Files" folder, etc.)
     You must choose your flight plans the same way as a normal flight.  Depending on your sim version, load your selected flight plan into the sim's Flight Planner.   Open your sim's flight planner.  When the "Load Flight Plan" page comes up, click on the Browse... button.  Browse to the folder (usually called "FP") containing the collection of flight plans for that tour, and select your flight plans from there.  Browse to, and select that folder within the flight planner. 
     Alternately, place the tour flight plans in the main folder with your other flight plan.  Then they will be on the list that is presented by default. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:26:47 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »
What sim are you using Carl?  These are FP for use in FSX and P3D.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0046

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »
Using FSX.  the flight shows up in flight planner but will not load into plane.  Just goes back to load page.

MFC0046

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 09:54:21 AM »
It appears that it will load the complete tour plan but not the individual legs.

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 10:26:22 AM »
Weird... ok..  might be a case of FP names being too long.. I have loaded, re-saved and truncated the file name.. try this zip (which contains the 3 FP from Tour 1).

Norm

MFC0046

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 12:07:40 PM »
That worked.  Thanks

nbrich1

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »
Ok that means that your FP folder path, injunction with the length of the FP title or name, was too long for the system to handle. Going forward, if you run into this again, just rename the fp to have a shorter title or name and it should work/load up.

Norm

jstanbro

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 11:12:51 AM »
The flight plans for Tour 1 also wouldn't load for me yesterday (I'm using FSX-SE on Windows 10), but the truncated-file-name flight plans above worked fine.  Today I tried to load the first flight plan for the second tour, but no luck.  I truncated the file names as was done before, but no joy.  The plans from the first tour still load, and the plans from the second tour load into Plan G just fine, just not into FSX.  I have no idea what is going on. Does anyone else?
Thanks,
Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

nbrich1

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »
I don't understand why either. I can re-do FP with shorter names so you can try it...

I'll rename tour one fp and tour two fp and zip them up for you.. stand by.

(Now just make sure you don't place them too deep into your folder structure.)

Now attached if you want to give them a try Jerry.

Norm

jstanbro

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 02:27:15 PM »
Thanks, Norm.  I downloaded and tried the Tour 2 files, but I can't get them to load into FSX. The truncated-name files for Tour 1 that I downloaded yesterday still load into FSX, but not the new ones - neither yours or the ones I did.  I tried loading them both with through the FSX flight planner and through FSUIPC. I've restarted the computer and FSX and changed the file names completely.  However, they all (both with the original names and truncated names) load just fine into Plan G.

Which causes me to ask - do I need to have the flight plan loaded in FSX in order to use the Cigar Box? I can follow the plan just fine on Plan G if that will work for Cigar Box.
Thanks,
Jerry

nbrich1

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »
Don't know why the FP won't work in your FSX-Se install but have heard that before. Anyways, cigar box runs just fine and you don't need the FP loaded in your sim at all. You only need a FP only if your stuck on having to use AP/GPS to get from A- Z.  Many are stuck on AP while others never use AP at all.
For even more of a challenge try manual nav using only dead reconing and/or landmarks.   

So to answer your ??, you don't need the FP in your sim at all to run/use cigar box. (It knows the way.. and wherever you are it will know..lol..)

Norm

jstanbro

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 03:52:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply Norm!  I use autopilot once in a while, but I'm not hooked on it.  I'll see what happens...
Thanks,
Jerry

doksas

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 05:28:03 PM »
nbrich1 again me with another problem.
For me only yours first attachment  "FS zip" work in FSX flightplan, but * MFC Tour 1 and 2 FP.zip*  not load in sim flightplan.
Any sugestion pls?

nbrich1

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 05:33:45 PM »
You have to unzip the zip.. (use Winzip or winrar) .. It will extract to the tour folder and inside the tour document and the flight plans.

Norm