Author Topic: The RTMM "GoTo" Interactive Table  (Read 14589 times)

FalconAF

Re: The RTMM "GoTo" Interactive Table
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 02:28:59 PM »
The main use for me right now has been the ability to quickly figure out where the different flights are geographically.  I know where the main "big cities" are in relation to each other (Ketchikan, Juneau, Prince Rupert, etc) but would have no idea where a flight to Ashluhm Fish Lodge from Rivers End SPB would take place.  I could "bounce around" between looking at different maps, like using the KMZ file in Google Earth or the map on the Here2There page for a location, but the GoTo now makes it easy to figure out where the different locations are.

There does appear to be a little inconsistency yet for some locations.  For instance, the "Ashluhm Fish Lodge".  There are two "Ashluhm" flight plans in the RTMM Flight Plans download.  One called "Ashluhm Fish Lodge" and the other "Ashluhm Creek Ldge".  On the Here2There page, there is an "Ashluhm Creek Fishing Lodge" listed as being in PFJ.  On the GoTo page, the "Ashluhm Crk Fishing Ldg" is in PNW. 

So...I'm forced to draw the following (tongue-in-cheek !!!) conclusions:

There's either 1 or 2 Ashluhm lodges, in one or two different locations, one with fish and one without fish.  If two, then one with fishing and one without (except for the 3rd one on the Here2There page that magically has both), with one lodge in PFJ and one in PNW (or both the Twilight Zone).  If there's only 1 lodge, then it must have a fishing and non-fishing season, and the lodge moves between PFJ and PNW on a seasonal fishing basis, and changes it's name according to whether it has fish or not at the time.    ;D ;D ;D

(The above isn't a life changing thing.  Just the kind of "Oops!" stuff that could be spread around the site that would be confusing for new RTMM users).   ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:40:24 PM by FalconAF »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »
It is the same lodge, I fixed it in the RTMM FLight Plans and on the table.

The best way to know where things are are to download the kmz maps that Rustam has given us ....

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/here_to_there/#kmz

That is an AMAZING tool. If you get Google Earth and put these kmz files in, you'll have everything you need to know about WHERE the RTMM locations are.

D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:35:11 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 05:44:00 PM »
Sorry I just now saw this post, I'm 120 days past due answering it.  Thank you for the response.
Basically, the Here2There page gives folks a place to browse about getting ideas on where to fly to, so you'll find the dispatches there, etc.  Also there is a "starting" table.  You can look up any RTMM scenery and using those lat/long coordinates, you'll find yourself right at the location.

The autoroutes, on the Here2There are basically just flight plans to most of the locations. When I check them, I usually make a flight plan, so these are there just to share with you if you want them.

The GoTo table's mission is to help people pick and choose scenery locations they might want to download. Having them "grouped" (red) you can see that you can pull down MANY locations with just one download (Missing Cabins, for instance). Also, the map feature there lets you take a look at the flight to see if that is one you'd like to fly.  If you pick it, if you have downloaded the autoroutes, the route will be there waiting for you when you load a scenario.

If you are interested in CIRP, you can search for CIRP and anything associated with that group of locations comes up. The same for BWEP, it is now up to date. So you can see which locations are related to which pipeline segment.  If you have "The Interior" ... you can search for "interior" and up come the associated scenery locations for that pipeline segment.

The "from" column is for folks that want to pick places to fly to from a certain location. Lets say you want to fly out of Misty's Place.  You search Misty's Place ... all of the locations and routes that apply to Misty's Place show up. 

Hope this helps ... so sorry for the delay in answering, I simply didn't see the post.

Doug/RTMM

Doug

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »
Updating the GoTo Table

Norm and I are presently adding all of the MFC flight numbers to the GoTo Table.  Norm is adding routes where we do not have a flight and I'm getting the alphabetical order correct and the entries correct to match the flight numbers.

NOTAM: GoTo Table and Translate

When you use the GoTo table (Here2There/GoTo Button), be sure you are not first seeing the "Translate this Page" box from a browser addon.  If you see that, you are not seeing the special script that makes the filters for the page work correctly.  If you see this, in that box, select OPTIONS and select DO NOT TRANSLATE THIS PAGE. The scripts will then function and the page will work correctly for you.

Doug

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »
Major GoTo Table Update ....

Norm and I have done some major updating of the GoTo table. We have taken out the "ease of flight" column and put in the MFC flight number for all of the locations showing. So now everything matches perfectly with the Misty Flying Club page and process.

49 new maps were added where we have added flights/locations.

If you look at the "legend" table, you'll see the major "groups" there, indicating the number of locations you will get when you download that package with LINKS TO THOSE GROUPS.

NOTAM: one thing to be cautious of, if you don't have ALL of the ORBX areas for RTMM (PNW, PFJ, SAK,) and Tongass X, when you download a group, you could be downloading locations in areas that are not ORBX compatible.  To check this, once you have filtered (search) to the group you want, alphabetize the ORBX column (click at the top on ORBX). Then you can see the regions that group covers.  Don't forget to expand the table to more than 10 (usually just expand to 100 and you'll be fine).

If you see typos ... and there may be some with a couple the thousands of entries Norm and I have put in... let us know and we'll fix them for you.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 10:21:37 AM »
Norm and I have mostly completed the update on the GoTo table. There are 715 flight plans now with MFC that are synchronized with the GoTo table and the Misty Flying Club site.

Get acquainted with the GoTo table. It can save you a lot of time in selection which locations to download ... even with direct links to groups now.

Flight selection is a lot easier. You want to fly out of Misty's Place? Put it into the search and look at all the places you can fly to from Misty's Place.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2018, 01:53:53 PM »
Very Useful!  Thanks for all your work on this!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »
Wow! 715 Flights!
These are 2 years of flying doing one flight per day....

Thank you Doug and Norm!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 09:21:12 PM »
Actually it's only 713 RTMM Single flights.. lol.. but who's counting (besides us!)

Fun place to fly and now it's easier than ever to find your routes, access the corresponding RTMM flight plans  then fly. (And additionally, if a MFC user, also log/record that same flight at the Misty Flying Club). 

Norm
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:27:46 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^