Author Topic: Introduction and some help  (Read 9031 times)

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
Introduction and some help
« on: June 27, 2018, 04:25:53 AM »
Hey guys,

My name is Maever I Live in The Netherlands and I'm 28 years old.
I have been flying for a couple of years now and recently got infected with the "bushflying bug". I normally use Flight Simulator Econy for my flights but after a google search I came out here and it looks really awesome!   ;D

But.... It is so overwhelming that I have no clue where to start or what to do. Do I need to join a VA? Do we fly single or only multiplayer? Do we use the dispatch page? Or do we earn virtual money to set up our own charter business?

Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction and help me to enjoy this wonderfull part of the world  8).

I installed all the payware addons last night, tonight when I get home I will install the RTMM addons.

Thanks in advance!!

From a different point of view; Serenity Aviation
CEO Serenity Aviation

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Introduction and some help
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 08:01:26 AM »
Hi and Welcome to RTMM!!!

First thing you need to do is install each of our object libraries. And don’t let the scope of our website intimidate you because we’ve been around for awhile and have helped other newcomers like you get off the ground.

So start here: http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#links

Then ask for any help here and we will assist.

Have fun,

Brad

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 09:29:51 AM »
Welcome Maever and you caught the bush-flying bug and there is no-nicer, and more rugged place to fly bush than in the areas of Alaska, BC and Yukon. And a bonus flying here is the add-on RTMM scenery. There is many RTMM pieces that compliment ORBX and Tongass Fjords and the sim comes alive with activity as well as new place to explore.

What sim do you use?  (If P3Dv4x there are some necessary tweaks for Tongass etc- which can be found on the P3D V4+ Addons page - http://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#9  )

You can fly as much as you want and do what you want to do. No regs no pressure.. just have fun and enjoy the scenery and the sim. 

Brad has started you off...  so you need the RTMM libraries and test them first and the rest sits on top of the Librarires.. and you can go from there.

There are NO tubes up here but once you have the scenery in you can fly to what extent you want:

There are RTMM FP,  dispatches, there many trips into various areas. (Most of the RTMM addon sceneries have flight plans to the locations). 

If you want to fly in a VA of fying club - well only a few months ago we started a new bush RTMM-MFC VA.. (Misty Flying Club). Its just a place to fly to be able to monitor your own progress in flight plans, fly the RTMM tours and keep track of your flights, fight hours, # of flights but no heavy VA regs.

No jets/tubes at RTMM or MFC either.. Just Bush planes and/or Helicopters there!! but bush and lots of trips in the the rugged terrain and seeing lots of scenery.

There is a Discord server already set up for comms with other pilots.. and although no formal multi or group events yet, but a few of us do fly together the odd time when opportunity presents itself.

To start you need the RTMM scenery so refer to Brad's Link - http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#links).. and go from there.

There is lots of info on these pages. Just go page by page and you'll get to all the items.
Welcome again Maever and please if you need any help just holler.

Norm
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:07:54 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys!  I indeed use p3dv4 as my sim.

I just finished installing all the addons etc. I also tried a test flight some Misty's place to Hering Harbor, as I run out of mysty's place into the open water I run into some kind of invisible barrier. Does this has something to do with the elevation levels?
I checked out Hering Hardbor and this seemed to work just fine.

Is there also a way to download the complete package with scenery instead od downloading everything seperatly? (Like Musty's place and Hering Harbor for example.)

Is there also a VA here who uses dispatches? Like they would in real life? I would like to join as a pilot and the VA tells me where to fly to and what to bring or pick up there (mail, fisherman etc.)

Hope you guys get what I mean haha.

CEO Serenity Aviation

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 07:53:46 PM »
     Hi Maever, and welcome to the forum.  We do not have an "all-in-one" installer for RTMM.  It is important for you to install each location individually, so that you are familiar with what you've got.  New scenery is created at probably half a dozen locations a year, and an installer would have to be updated each time someone submitted a new location.  Same for the libraries also.  So ... take your time, grab some locations, and go exploring.  There are over 300 at this point, I think.  You could also spend a day or two installing all locations in one sitting.  (that's how I do it.)  Start with Z and work up to A, if you care about alphabetical order.  Still, you should visit each location. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »
Can I find a map with all the locations on there?
Currently installing the scenery, almost at C haha  :o

CEO Serenity Aviation

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

simurq

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 01:55:08 PM »

Hi Maever and Welcome to RTMM!!! :)
Unfortunately, the map link posted by Norm above refers to the old version without "autoupdate" feature. You can always find the updated version here.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:57:41 PM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 02:23:06 PM »
... Currently installing the scenery, almost at C haha  :o

Hi Maever,
     I, too, am installing EVERYTHING (but not "downloading", I've already done that.).  My OS SSD had issues, and I had to reinstall my Windows.  I also reinstalled P3Dv4, upgrading to v4.3 in the process.  I've got all Orbx, TFX, OzX, and the RTMM libraries behind me.  I've put Misty's Place and Annette Island in, as well as the Scenery Object Tester scene at PANT.  My Terrain.cfg block is good, ... no trees in the water.
     Now I am ready to add all the missing cabins, USFS cabins, etc. etc. ... We all go through this from time to time, as fate sees fit.   ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 02:27:56 AM »

Hi Maever and Welcome to RTMM!!! :)
Unfortunately, the map link posted by Norm above refers to the old version without "autoupdate" feature. You can always find the updated version here.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help, this was indeed what I was looking for!
I downloaded all the .csv files for Plan G and couldn't help notice there are also alot of cabins in New Zealand. Did the RTTM Team also place them there?

@Jeff,

Haha then we both feel eachother's pain. Not a real fun thing to do but necessary.  :'(

CEO Serenity Aviation

Dieter

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 02:53:36 AM »
"""notice there are also alot of cabins in New Zealand. Did the RTTM Team also place them there? """

No, these cabins/huts are part of the Orbx New Zealand (North /south) scenery.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 07:30:50 AM »
Really?
I flew quite some time in NZ but never noticed the cabins haha

CEO Serenity Aviation

Dieter

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 07:42:12 AM »
Yes!
The cabin are sometimes difficult to find!
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »

Hi Maever,
     I, too, am installing EVERYTHING (but not "downloading", I've already done that.).  My OS SSD had issues, and I had to reinstall my Windows.  I also reinstalled P3Dv4, upgrading to v4.3 in the process.  I've got all Orbx, TFX, OzX, and the RTMM libraries behind me.  I've put Misty's Place and Annette Island in, as well as the Scenery Object Tester scene at PANT.  My Terrain.cfg block is good, ... no trees in the water.
     Now I am ready to add all the missing cabins, USFS cabins, etc. etc. ... We all go through this from time to time, as fate sees fit.   ;D

Done!   :D ;D 8)

I've got all RTMM, and a half dozen third-party and OZx sceneries running together.  (and Pilot's 2010 mesh too, ;)  )  I'm taking a fly-around to make sure it works.  So far, so good.   :)

Maever

• Serenity Aviation
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2018, 03:35:52 PM »

Hi Maever,

Done!   :D ;D 8)

I've got all RTMM, and a half dozen third-party and OZx sceneries running together.  (and Pilot's 2010 mesh too, ;)  )  I'm taking a fly-around to make sure it works.  So far, so good.   :)

Nice well done! I just installed the addons I need so far haha, orbx keeps bugging my scenery order within p3d haha

CEO Serenity Aviation