Author Topic: Milviz Beaver - updated flight dynamics  (Read 3140 times)

Stearmandriver

Milviz Beaver - updated flight dynamics
« on: May 27, 2018, 04:43:23 PM »
All,

Just a heads up for those who have the Milviz Beaver: there's an updated FDE available on the Milviz support forum (released by MV themselves, not third - party).  The new flight dynamics seem to have "activated" propwash, and the plane will now allow its tail to be raised early in the takeoff roll, as well as held up during wheel landings. Good stuff...

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Milviz Beaver - updated flight dynamics
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 06:45:47 PM »
Thanks for posting!   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Laagvlieger

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 06:20:04 AM »
Apart from problems with the autopilot (which is a question for another time) my newly downloaded Beaver (171229) does not fly smoothly horizontal and constantly pulls left. So I have to "level" it. Can you please write me step 1, step 2, how do I do that?

Laagvlieger
Wife, Volkswagen California, Laptop, Lochitech Extreme 30 PRO, headphone with mike, mouse, etc. :-)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:50:16 AM »
When my plane pulls to one side, I add a passenger of the same weight as me to the other side of my plane.  That balances the load to center.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Stearmandriver

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »
Apart from problems with the autopilot (which is a question for another time) my newly downloaded Beaver (171229) does not fly smoothly horizontal and constantly pulls left. So I have to "level" it. Can you please write me step 1, step 2, how do I do that?

Laagvlieger

1.  If you're using the plane as downloaded (the 171229 version), you aren't using the alternative flight dynamics this thread is about.  You have to sign into the MilViz DHC-2 support forum and you'll find a thread called "Alternative FDE".  You can download the updated files from there.

2.  This Beaver definitely exhibits left turning tendencies in the high AoA regime, so if the problem is during climb at high power settings, rudder trim is your friend, and there is a rudder trim knob accessible in the virtual cockpit, up near the ceiling next to the elevator trim.  Adjust to center the ball on the turn coordinator.

If the problem is in cruise and the ball is centered, you can use a little aileron trim.  There's no knob in the cockpit for that, but this sim model does have it "activated", you just have to use the keyboard command for it.  I think it's CTRL-num key left and right arrows.  A couple clicks of aileron trim should stop the roll tendency.

Laagvlieger

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 03:58:48 AM »
Thanks, that's a lot of good information, I'll try them all!

Thanks again.

Laagvlieger.

Wife, Volkswagen California, Laptop, Lochitech Extreme 30 PRO, headphone with mike, mouse, etc. :-)