Author Topic: Multi-player flights  (Read 2865 times)

BBQSteve

Multi-player flights
« on: May 06, 2018, 12:33:56 PM »
I appreciate all the tour work that is being done, but I thought this was a Flying Club, not just another VA. When are we actually going to do club flights?

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Multi-player flights
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 08:38:05 AM »
I hear you Steve.. So far we have setup all the components of the MFC VA from the systems side, testing and building the content from awards, to updating all the RTMM FP and making them into MFC system legs, all the tours so far that are active (and still building so there is enough content to keep all the RTMM pilots in the air throughout the summer). 

As far as events haven't had a chance to do them due to my time constraints and working on the MFC Site content. (I offered anyone a call that could help in this regard but no takers - http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3821.msg33755#msg33755)

Have also set up Discord with the channels and FSCloud works perfect.. so anyone please feel free. Maybe if someone can arrange: maybe use 3-4 legs of a tour or 3 RTMM Flight plans, or use the leg that Jsapair just posted, it is a great flight. Set a time, and try to set it up as an event (1 1/2 - 2 hours event)..

All can post at Discord or the RTMM Site but right now I have limited time to do this but will have more time in the fall.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BBQSteve

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 10:15:55 AM »
What would be required for this job?

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 02:19:01 PM »
Matter of setting a time/day of week to fly then a matter of choosing or picking out a RTMM/MFC flights or create one, like jsapairs' flight, then all getting together at the time/date with FS Cloud and Discord for voice comms and flying the FP or route together. Like not hard at all, but takes a bit of time and coordination.. like all are on different time zones, and all can be busy..

A matter of setting a utc or zulu time and date (s), like a weekend and/or midweek time where pilots from various time zones and business try to get together at the same time and fly the same route! An attempt to accommodate most everyone's schedules.. so busy and working to others not but still busy.

Like I could try do set up something as far as post a FP on either the RTMM site or Discord as well as the date/time.. IE: Saturdays 1900 Zulu or on a Sunday 1830 Zulu or even add a mid-seek at Tuesday 1830 Zulu-anyways that's the method but not easy to get everyone together who may want to group fly while others do not want to fly as a group at all.. I enjoy it but won't have a chance for a bit especially on weekends... Some also have many obligations going on but we'll just have to give it a try I guess..
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:44:45 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BBQSteve

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 03:02:47 PM »
So who is up for a group fly, Sat. May 19th say 1300 EDT 1700 UDT? We get the numbers I'll get the plan.

dbutterf

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 04:12:16 PM »
I would very much like to join any MP flights with MFC  ;D think this a great idea  8)

I presently fly MP with another VA Saturdays at 1900UTC and Sundays at 1200UTC but would try to fit in the
MFC flights even if they were mid-week.

Another issue at this time is that my yoke has gone AWOl  :'(. Am working on getting it back.

FYI I'm ADT; -3 UTC.

Dayle
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

BBQSteve

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 04:37:29 PM »
"FYI I'm ADT", It's ok I'm bipolar, won't matter!    ;)
Well that's two of us.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 03:48:50 PM »
I'd like to take part in a mp flight. I've only done VATSIM in the past and a short test flight with Norm when I joined MFC. I don't have a comms capable headset though, but I can fly along and follow the others.

Brad

marc2140

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 05:55:46 PM »
Brad,
You can buy a PC headset for less than 20$ nowadays...
What's keeping you?
Marcel
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

BBQSteve

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 01:51:36 PM »
$20.  >:(