Author Topic: Problem at Terrace (CYXT)  (Read 5509 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Problem at Terrace (CYXT)
« on: May 02, 2018, 06:42:34 PM »
Fuel dock embedded in building. My plane is sitting at:

N54 28.29     W128 34.36 Heading of 350

Anybody else seeing this, or is the problem on my end?

Jsapair

Dieter

Re: Problem at Terrace (CYXT)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 03:25:51 AM »
Just checked in my P3Dv4.x
Fuel dock is correct positioned, I don't have that green shelter.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jsapair

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 08:03:43 PM »
Thanks, Dieter. Hopefully someone will come up with what that object is so I can get rid of it. I'm running FSX DX10.
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 08:59:44 PM »
Here's what I see at the same spot. Different grass, different pavement, etc.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »
Hi, Steve. Weird. So where do you suppose these anomolies are coming from? Could it be a Global or Vector problem? I just installed the new ORBX Libraries which fixed some major issues I was having at other places.

The only other thing I can think of is: I discovered that I had ORBX North America, and the newer openLC North America Alaska/Canada both installed. I un-installed North America, thinking they were probably redundant. Maybe I'll try putting it back. Have no idea if this problem occurred before or after that, though.

Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 09:50:16 PM »
I have no idea. I wonder what others see. Maybe what I see is wrong and what you see is right.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 10:23:05 PM »
I doubt it. I even tried closing one eye. Re-installing North America is not an option. You can't even buy it now...obsolete. I'll just live with it. If that's the only issue I have then I'm happy. Otherwise the sim is working great.
                                      C'ya. pal.

JJ
Jsapair

Dieter

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 05:09:17 AM »
I just checked this situation in my FSX/Acc installation (DX9) and it looks like Steve's screenshot.
Note: I have Orbx VECTOR and openLC NorthAmerica installed! So this software doesn't cause your problem.

I wonder: what do you mean by "ORBX North America". What kind of software is this? I really cannot remember Orbx ever had a package like this. There were ony the different parts of North America like PNW, PFJ, NRM, CRM and so on.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 07:52:31 AM »
Yup.. the openLC.. had an Alaska LC then later that turned out or expanded into Global openLC NA. But don't think there was any conflict.. it was just a smaller LC area to a larger one which covered most of North America. (The FTX Global openLC North America is current under the FTX Global range).. then Under North America as Dieter mentioned are the Regions like PNW, PFJ, NRM, CRM and so on.

But these shouldn't cause any issues either.

Like even search your sim install for "Terrace" or "CYXT" to try to find the scenery file: Appears like something else might be installed as in a another 3rd part scenery which is adding that building. Or turn some of the other 3rd party scenery off to try to find the source.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 04:52:42 PM »
FSX at CYXT the fuel pumps are free and clear in my sim. (FSX)

Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 05:44:48 PM »
Thanks, Spud. Seems I'm the only one with the problem.

Dieter, I had it backwards. OpenLC North America is the newest, includes and supersedes openLC North America Alaska/Canada according to ORBX Direct. Why that icon was in my FTX Central I have no idea. There is no record of my ever having purchased it (openLC North America) at the FSS.

Norm, good idea but all that comes up for CYXT and Terrace is flight plans. I give up. I'll just get fuel someplace else.  :'(
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 12:30:03 PM »
FWIW ORBX released software noted in jsapair's post.  Open LC North America Alaska/Canada which was a partially completed LC offering that ORBX released a final version of that included a discount IF you had bought the incomplete version previously.  Lots of gripes about the process at the time.
Of course the FSS was basically pushed aside by ORBX when FTX Central was released and you had to transfer all your FSS stuff using the new Central.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 01:34:21 PM »
Yep, and that was one that wouldn't xfer.."no valid license" or something similar. That new openLC NA is like $54 AU. Ouch.
Jsapair

Penzoil3

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2018, 03:39:47 PM »
 8)
They warned people for six months before the new version came out, and gave them 3 months to update at the discounted price afterwards. They didn't have to offer a discount at all. Let's beat a dead horse.

marc2140

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 03:58:29 AM »
That's a move I'll never forgive Orbx. It was completely illegal. But John Vennema dealt with it on the formus in his typical way: Shut up, subject closed...
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE