Author Topic: REX Skyforce 3D  (Read 2804 times)

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
REX Skyforce 3D
« on: March 19, 2018, 05:36:50 AM »
Morning all.

Any users of the recently released REX Sky Force 3D here?

I purchased the program a few weeks ago and have made around two dozen flights using the software.

Honestly at this stage I am not overly impressed with the product.  It has a few bugs (I understand a Hotfix is on the way) and on my setup does degrade performance (judged on FPS) between 10/20% depending on the conditions.

The improved visuals (cloud models / environment colours) are Ok but not really giving me the "wow" factor.

Seriously thinking of moving back to FSXWX (freeware weather engine) and REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds which I liked a lot!

BBQSteve

Re: REX Skyforce 3D
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:53:50 AM »
Use REX soft clouds with Active Sky P4 and am perfectly happy with gorgeous clouds and weather.

Penzoil3

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 01:25:33 PM »
Use REX soft clouds with Active Sky P4 and am perfectly happy with gorgeous clouds and weather.
Basically the same here Rex Texture Direct with Soft Clouds, and Active Sky P4.
 Sue

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 06:51:07 AM »
I removed Sky Force last night.

Went back to Texture Direct and FSXWX and made a few flights around MM.

All is well again.

bt103504

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
I agree with all that has been said. I was on the Skyforce hype train when it was announced and throughout the lengthy development period. Since its release and subsequent bugs I have moved back to AS16 with ASCA, and Envtex.

I think what has become clear with Skyforce is that its one of a series of products that they will be releasing that will provide a comprehensive package. From my understanding Skyforce + Weatherforce + Environmentforce could equate to the same/similar features of AS16 + ASCA.

After being a long-time fan of REX Products I was very disappointed with what I perceived to be a fairly misleading marketing campaign.

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »
Hi
I hope to flight VFR REXSF3D it's too cloudy depend of MTO . But if you are With Liner you can see the big clouds over 35000 ft and more .

But with the bug it's a car without engine which was sold, that i think because a lot off problems with  real MTO and netframework bug.

for now it's à lot of monday we are waiting for hotfix 2 ..

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]