Author Topic: Adding POI to little Navmap  (Read 2838 times)

Teecee

Adding POI to little Navmap
« on: February 27, 2018, 02:11:17 PM »
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to add POI to this map system, anyone know how? Teecee.

simurq

Re: Adding POI to little Navmap
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:55:56 PM »
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to add POI to this map system, anyone know how? Teecee.

Hi Teecee,

It's both simple and tricky to add a waypoint / POI in LN indeed. It's different from Plan-G, for instance, where you can edit waypoint coordinates directly in the program, while in LN you can change their names/titles only. Anyway...

I usually make a draft of my flight plan by adding intermediate waypoints as close to my "specific locations"  as possible. Then I save the flightplan as a normal PLN file and manually edit the coordinates inside the file (I use Notepad++ to insert exact lat/lon coordinates).

Another method is to make a Google Earth KML file which contains your POIs/waypoints and import the resulting KML to LN for viewing (File -> Add Google Earth KML...). Btw, Google Earth can import/open text-based Plan-G CSV files which you can find on Here2There page. So, after importing your CSV into Google Earth, just save it as a KML map and add it to LN interface as described above.

Yet another possible way well-described here is to go to Flight Plan -> New Flight Plan from Route Description, or by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N, and enter waypoint coordinates individually based on specific format.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:03:36 PM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

marc2140

Re: Adding POI to little Navmap
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »
The lack of being able to create permanent user waypoints is my major drawback for not using lnm as my standard flight planner. The author promised already several times to integrate the possibility of importing CSV files in the next update. Last word was that it would come Feb 2018, but nothing seen yet.
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE