Author Topic: Misty Flying Club Discussion  (Read 17409 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Misty Flying Club Discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »
PS1: For those who might need additional help in finding either text/posting channels or voice channels, will put (Text+Voice), or (Text/Postings), or (Voice Only) on the subject headings.

PS2:
Number sign # in the front of the channel indicates that it is a text/chat or posting channel.
The other channels with the small speaker icon are Voice channels.

IE:
Lobby_Notam (Text+Voice)
Misty Hubs (Text/Postings)
Downloads (Text/Postings)
Flight Comms (Voice Only)
Photos & Video (Text/Postings)
Sim Setup (Text/Postings)
Help & Support (Text+Voice)

Hope this helps all go right to the subject or type of channels they might be looking for.

Norm
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:53:32 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »
I like the conversation that's going on. Keep the opinion and experiences coming. Sounds like JoinFS may be an easier, less complicated platform? I don't know since I've never done multiplayer flying except way back in Vatsim days using tubeliners, so I can't share any experience at all.

But I'm curious.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:00:03 AM by Bradallen43 »

nbrich1

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
Well.. we just did an adlib group flight.. Discord, & FSCloud.. BBQSteve was in the air flying (in a foreign land on FSCloud), Stutzer,(a friend and fellow flying pilot), who was just setting up to go for a flight, I popped on and shortly thereafter Penzoil3 came on and needed a link to the MFC discord server.. done.. and she linked in like a pro and had no issues at all, and 4 of us flew much of this trip together. (There was going to be two others but they had to go).   (Steve finished his flight (over there>>) but then when done came over << here >> to fly with us (but he was on comms with us all the time).

Before we started flying, I threw a few legs (FP) of the BWEP together and we flew from PAVD westward via the north bank of the Harbor over to 7KA then returned to PAVD via the south shore to see the goods in the Valdez Harbor from the towers to the refineries and the ships etc. then we kept going NE, Steve joined in after he finished his own flight and we traveled up to Z93 (Copper Center NR2) following "The Pipes" and we explored the scenics.   

No issues at all and a very fun trip even as we introduced ourselves and got to know each other in voice comms in this group flight environment. Looking forward to continued flights with any and all pilots who want to try this.

There is a few posted pics of today informal group event into Discord (Drag n Drop) on the MFC server - under Photos/Video >>  Group Flights section.. a couple taken by Penzoil3 and a few of mine. T'was a very fun trip and an enjoyable time with fellow RTMM pilots.

Here is a few pics of the event. 

Norm
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:55:33 PM by nbrich1 »

Penzoil3

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2018, 08:45:28 PM »
More pics.. 8)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:47:13 PM by Penzoil3 »

BBQSteve

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:42 AM »
Well I must say it was great meeting in voice all of y'all (right Yankee Sue?). After my flight in Africa it was a nice break to be back in Alaska. Although my scenery was not the same as apparently the rest of you. I had hills on either side of the runway and really no area to pull off.  Sorry I had to leave abruptly, but my girlfriend was waiting (a black lab that visits me everyday around 4 PM for her treats and water.)

Looking forward to next time!

av8erjm

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2018, 10:44:33 PM »
Got some questions, like I've posted earlier, my online flying was years ago with TeamSpeak and FSHost and with Host to see each other in their respective aircraft you had to have the plane and that particular paint job, does this still hold true with either FSCloud  or JoinFS, and I'm understanding Discord is like TeamSpeak only better??? Just trying to get this old dog up to some new tricks, Tried Vatsim, but things just went sideways, found it easier to fly IFR in the real world than with them

BBQSteve

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 08:54:22 AM »
It still holds true with both.

av8erjm

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2018, 10:21:16 AM »
Thanks Steve

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2018, 07:37:25 PM »
     In JoinFS you set up aircraft substitutions for models that can't be found.  Substitute single props with Cessna 172, twin engine planes with King Air, etc.  ;)   So you don't need to have the same planes or paints that the others do.  You'll just see your version of their type of plane.   :o  Did I say that right?  If you have the same plane, you'll see the correct one.  Otherwise a substitute will be used.   :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2018, 08:18:29 PM »
Found a TeamSpeak 3 channel entitled "RTMM Voice Comm Server" (with TS3 address: rtmm.typefrag.com). Was this officially created by RTMM and still being used?

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

av8erjm

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2018, 09:00:36 PM »
Trex3D I found this also when I opened my TeamSpeak, which I haven't used since I don't know when, don't know when I set it up, but it's there and I was going to bring it up, but didn't want to upset the apple cart. Still haven't had time to set up three programs for Multi other than downloading them

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2018, 10:37:59 PM »
 :) ...  :D   ...   ;D ...  :o

::) :-[ :P  Me too! (have RTMM Voice Comm Server on my TS3) 
I have this as a bookmark in my TS3, but don't remember setting it up.  We have comms!!   8) 

Dan set it up? ???  I don't remember.  My brain is mushy these days.   :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:45:02 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Penzoil3

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2018, 02:57:32 AM »
The RTMM Teamspeak 3 wants a password ?  We've been using Discord BTW...
 Sue

jonny

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »
When will Misty Flying Club (VA) open?

nbrich1

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2018, 09:58:26 AM »
Well the VA System that we have tried is not coping with RTMM airports well.. the airport DB keeps crashing.. si a set back.. but are working on a different VA environment.. I have 43 here to there FP routes as well as 4 tours built but the airport db base was not great for adding additional airports. THE Acars for recording also left something to be desired and the way the system handled, or didn't handle 3-digit ICAO.. so this won't work for MFC. Trying another VA system now and hopefully we'll get there. (Will further advise as we work on it).

Norm