Author Topic: Misty Flying Club Discussion  (Read 17397 times)

BBQSteve

Re: Misty Flying Club Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 05:42:37 PM »
So much for discussion. Can't wait to hear the "How do I do this? How do I do that? It's too complicted."

We'll see.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
     I would prefer JoinFS myself, also.   ;)  It is a great system for hooking the sims together.   8)

(my 2 cents).  :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 10:54:20 PM »
IMHO Discord is too complicated!  There I done said it!   ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 04:42:01 AM »
ALL simu connexion in one application  http://ffs2play.fr/

That we use every days  ;)

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 09:19:06 AM »
Honestly guys.. fscloud and joinFS do the exactly same thing - they hook up the sims in the same environment. And they can even be used simultaneously.

If guys would prefer to use JoinFS we can do that we can that too but I do know that many prefer to use FSCloud but honestly it makes no difference to me at all.

So easy.. we can use both..  FSCloud is easy. and JoinFS*

Just have to have JoinFS Users* create a bookmark to use for a common connection for others.

IE: Bookmark name - DigitalThemePark
     Address - aviator.digitalthemepark.com

Then for a formal group flight event we just clearly identify which connection client to use.

For other that might just want to fly together as some do, they can just choose their agreeable client of choice to connect so they can fly together.

We are trying to make this as simple as possible for everyone of varied experience levels: from novice to experienced*.

Norm

(Saying that, Vpilot/Vatsim is also a connecting client but many do not fly on the vatsim network).

Discord is the best or TS3 and Skype and is a forum and comms and is also a posting haven for NOTAM, downloads, photos, videos etc . Have setup many sections of text voice channels for various uses: As per atached pic of the the MFC server on Discord server.. (These are just the headings.. they expand to multile channels ..   The MFC Discord server link - https://discord.gg/SEe7F3f. Try it ..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:26:17 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Teecee

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »
What is this?? Noel and Henry give their time willingly and get this "he says she says" they made their decision, if you don't like it, don't join.
I have flown with Noel and spent time chatting with him..Great Guy, and very committed to simming so how about joining with me and simply saying "Great job, Thanks guys"? Teecee.

BBQSteve

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 10:50:43 AM »
I think we all did that TC.

I was suggesting that we try each one and see what works best for the majority. I loaded up FSCloud ready for an IP address or whatever necessary. Flown on it before, switched to JoinFS and never looked back, just sayin let's try them, but from the looks of things, those who might take part prefer JoinFS.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »
Who's Noel? ???

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 11:58:13 AM »
Hello all,

Right now we are at the very beginning and steve makes a good point by trying them all....or at least trying one.  In this case the Cloud is up first.  If we have no issues and no unhappiness , that might be the one.....if not, then we sure can move on.

i have never flown with a group, it just didn't fit the simulation I was interested in.  Now at the flying club, things are different.  Flying clubs all over have fly ins for almost anything.  I envision an organized "fly in" on a regular basis, but as activity not the prime focus.

Rest assured that nothing is set in stone and member feedback is most important. 

Enjoy your next flight

Henry

BBQSteve

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 12:04:03 PM »
I guess no testing or anything is being done at the moment? I was on Discord and fscloud looking to test with someone.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 12:15:26 PM »
     I am currently testing FSCloud on my system.  Turns out I had it installed four years ago.   ::)  Got it updated and firing up my sim now.  I am sitting at Loring.  I am RTMM_Jeff.   ;)  Discord not on yet, I shall fire that up now. 

BBQSteve

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 09:29:54 AM »
What happened to all the voice sections in Discord? Went there yesterday and they were all gone. Also tried to fly on the server for given in post with no luck attaching.

Jeff enjoyed flying with you yesterday.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »
     That was a rather interesting flight session, from my perspective.  I had issues with Discord, push-to-talk would not work if not focused on the Discord page.  So talking while flying was impossible.  We switched to BBQSteve's teamspeak channel for comms.  The Discord page will be ready eventually, but is not yet.  This is all new and more patience is required.  (and learnin')  :P

BBQSteve

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2018, 11:41:17 AM »
Any time Jeff, come on up. Anyone else PM me for info. We can use these resources until Prime Time Misty.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2018, 12:17:58 PM »
Just did a slight rearrangement of channels: by subject or topic. (It always did have working voice and still does but now the sections and channels are just sorted a bit better. Each subject or topic section can be either minimized or maximized. And most of the headings have both text and voice. 
See pics:

I had seemly conversations in Discord.like for a few hours yesterday, I had not difficulty nor did a gent who I helped get hooked up in Discord, who is 80 and resides in Nova Scotia, and with another gent around the same age from New Brunswick. Doug and I and Rod have had no problems at all with Discord - and it is crystal clear. 

The only reason to use Discord is because it is the best of both worlds.. and drag and drop, ability to post links, photos, downloads, etc and so much more.. the best items of skype + TS3 and more all combined in one environment. And again easy to use after a very short learning curve. 

Norm

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:40:38 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^