Author Topic: System Crash  (Read 2628 times)

Teecee

System Crash
« on: January 30, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »
Well Prepar3d 3.4 is gone..I had a big system crash and decided to "clean out" my system.. so I currently do not have a sim.. I have decided to go to Prepar3d V4.1.. Hope I don't live to regret it.. Wish me luck..Teecee.

Penzoil3

Re: System Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »
 8) You'll like it.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
Let us know if you get stuck. I kept a log of everything I did converting over.

Doug

Teecee

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 10:47:35 AM »
Got it installed, but have not yet figures out how to add Orbx misties and ozx..wish me luck today. Teecee.

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:21 PM »
For installing Orbx sceneries you need latest FTXCentral:
https://orbxdirect.com/ftxcentral
Orbx sceneries will automatically be installed inside P3D v4 main folder and automatically registered in the scenery.cfg.

Other sceneries: this depends if there is an installer or not and also depends on the installer itself. Some installers don't allow to change the installing path.
In V4 (already in V3) you don't need to install other sceneries like RTMM inside the main folder.

An excellent tool for regístering sceneries in the library is the "Lorby Tool":
- addonorganizer
https://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html   
(scroll down a bit)

For registering sceneries  I don't recommend the .xml method although it's recommended by LM.

All Orbx sceneries are registered in the "old" way in the scenery library.
If you register RTMM sceneries with xml method in
C:\User/Name/Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons
FTXCentral will not recognize these ones and you cannot set the insertion points correctly.

Another important tool for handling Prepar3D v4 files like .xml or cfg is a suitable editor.
Old windows notepads are outdated and only use ANSI code. These P3Dv4 files need special encodings
like UTF-8 or UCS-2 Little Indian.
Recommended is freeware "notepad++"
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:11:12 PM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Penzoil3

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »
Personally I have heard many horror stories about the Lorby program and P3D 4. I would not use it.
Just point the OzX installers to your Prepar3D folder instead of an FSX folder, normal install from there. Get the new P3D4 OzX libraries, of course.
 Sue

Dieter

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 02:56:14 AM »
It's the user's personal decision what kind of tools he uses. This was just a recommendation.

"""many horror stories about the Lorby program and P3D 4"""
Well, strange, I'm really reading a lot every day in many flightsim forums (German and English) but I never heard about that.
Problems are most likely caused if users don't RTFM ...  ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:59:51 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Teecee

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 10:38:09 AM »
Thanks people. I have finally got to install all all the Orbx stuff.. still running as I type this, what a long, drawn out procedure it is when one is on the old fashioned "wire" internet.. anyway, installing the final scenery's today and then comes the "addon's" and for this I think I will take a look at your "Helper" Dieter, as I am dreading spoiling the work of the past two days doing the wrong thing. Thanks for all the input folks, I will report back re RTMM and Oziex..Teecee.