Author Topic: Skagway Shipping  (Read 4347 times)

Teecee

Skagway Shipping
« on: December 18, 2017, 02:37:21 PM »
I have the RTMM shipping working as I like it, but for some reason the Cruise Liner at Skagway does not get removed..I have reinstalled the RTMM shipping twice, but the cruise liner remains.. the cargo ship moves out from beneath it. I really do not want to reinstall again as I can live with the problem, and I don't want to mess up the rest of the shipping just for this, but just in case, is there a way of removing the static liner? Teecee.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:39:00 PM by Teecee »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Skagway Shipping
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »
Hi Teecee,

Check NOTAM #2  under the title, Automated Shipping Addition for FSX or P3D:
 by Rod Jackson, Brad Allen, Jan de Jong, Henrik Nielsen, and Dex Thomas
located on this web site page:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/shipping/index.php

Rod

Penzoil3

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 12:24:35 AM »
Surely there is some way other than turning object flow for Skagway completely off. This screws up all the people flow and airport objects too.

xxd09

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 07:40:57 AM »
Hi
I must admit this is one I struggle with
Loaded initially with Cruise Ship in place
Then wanted to change to Cargo Ship
Cannot get it to work by following instructions
Do not want to uninstall and reinstall-other ships working so well
Small price to pay for a really great AddOn
xxd09

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 08:08:57 AM »
Surely there is some way other than turning object flow for Skagway completely off. This screws up all the people flow and airport objects too.

Hi Sue,

On my system, the xml in the PAGY_ObjectFlow.xml file, which is dated 12/16/2012, that can optionally be turned off, only contains the placement of the cruise ship.  I have not observed people flow etc. at PAGY.  Are we looking at the same thing?

Rod 

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 08:54:23 AM »
Hi
I must admit this is one I struggle with
Loaded initially with Cruise Ship in place
Then wanted to change to Cargo Ship
Cannot get it to work by following instructions
Do not want to uninstall and reinstall-other ships working so well
Small price to pay for a really great AddOn
xxd09

Hi xxd09,

You make a good point that no one has brought up before.  The installer was not designed to go back and change your mind.  The problem with going back after you left the cruise ship default there, is that you can't find the Traffic_SKAG.bgl file to turn it off because the installer deletes it when you choose the default cruise ship.  Hmm...in hindsight, I should have just added .off  to the Trafic_SKAG.bgl file.  So yu could manually make the other choice. 

However, if you do want to get the traffic_SKAG.bgl file back, there is no reason to do an uninstall.  Just start the RTMM AI Shipping installer and do a manual install to a temp folder you put on your desktop.  Then you will have access to all the files before you would normally manually install them.   Then just go to the RTMMAISPmarinetrafficTracks folder and copy the Traffic_SKAG.bgl to your ....FSX or P3D\Scenery\World\Scenery folder  Then go to the ...FSX or P3D\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\PAGY_ObjectFlow.xml file and add a .off to the end of it.   After that you can just delete the temporary folder that you created for the manual install.

If you want to got back to just the default Cruise ship, remove the .off from the PAGY_ObjectFlow.xml.off file and add a .off to the Traffic_SKAG.bgl file.

Let me know if that works for you.

Rod 

Teecee

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 10:27:37 AM »
Um...WOW... I think I will leave the cruise ship where it is.. getting too complicated for this old brain.. at least I hope that's all it is, and it's not altziemers (SP) ;) . Teecee.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »
No problem.

Rod

xxd09

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 01:19:19 PM »
Hi Rod
Put the two new files in place -after a Manual install to a Temp file gave me the Traffic _SKG.bgl file
No joy
Removing the .off from the PAGY_ObjectFlow.xml file restores my “inactive” Cruise Liner
Onwards and upwards
Anything else to try?
xxd09

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 07:52:59 PM »
Hi Rod
Put the two new files in place -after a Manual install to a Temp file gave me the Traffic _SKG.bgl file
No joy
Removing the .off from the PAGY_ObjectFlow.xml file restores my “inactive” Cruise Liner
Onwards and upwards
Anything else to try?
xxd09

I'm sure you know the file is "Traffic_SKAG.bgl", not "Traffic _SKG.bgl" noting the space between Traffic and the underscore, and the missing "A".  Just to be clear about the filename.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 08:38:14 PM »
Hi Rod
No joy
Onwards and upwards
Anything else to try?
xxd09

Hi Teecee,

It just dawned on me that you said in your first post that the cargo ship moved out from under the cruise liner.  If that is true, then you would already have had the Traffic_SKAG.bgl file active in your scenery\world\scenery file.  Otherwise, you would not have seen the cargo ship.  So, maybe you should just have turned the ORBX file off.  Once the cruise ship disappeared you should see the Cargo ship unless it has departed.  Turn off the ORBX file again and check different times to see if the Cargo ship is there.

Rod 

xxd09

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 03:57:12 AM »
Apologies Rod
I meant SKAG of course-typo!
xxd09

Teecee

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 10:04:33 AM »
Sorry to be such a dummy Rod, but I have been back over these posts and I cannot figure which Orbx file I need to turn off. Teecee.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »
Hi Teecee,

No problem....

"....Then go to the ...FSX or P3D\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\PAGY_ObjectFlow.xml file and add a .off to the end of it. "

Rod

Teecee

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »
Mate you are a star, thank you for your time and effort with this.. Teecee.