Author Topic: Screen shots from Al  (Read 8007 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Screen shots from Al
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 09:52:28 AM »
Al, Just my 2 cents. Reinstalling your sim is almost never a fix for problems like yours. The problems relate to something in the way things are configured. Reinstallation is a radical step to take.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

roundrobin

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 04:40:16 PM »
Thanks Jeff,
Your screen explains it to me. Will fiddle with it today. I'll get there :-)

al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 08:14:09 PM »
Hi Al,
     Yes, just open FTX Central and click on settings in the lower left corner.  Set your insertion points so that FTX entries always load below your RTMM scenery.  The Open Land Class insertion point should take care of itself.  It is set to load below FTX by default.  If you have TFX installed however, you'll want that between the two.  FTX entries above it, and Open LC below.   ;)

Be sure to click on "SAVE" near the insertion point section after setting them up, and before closing FTX Central.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:17:45 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

dbutterf

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »
Al,

This is what your insertion points should look like:

Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

roundrobin

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 10:41:16 PM »
Jeff and All
An update. I spent the day with an ORBX troubleshooting and they are scratching their heads. Everything works fine. Installed Bella Coola (ORBX) and Ketchikan (ORBX) all work great. The Bella Coola scenery is stunning. I took off and flew around the mountains and couldn't believe the depth perception. I am very impressed. So it all works good "EXCEPT" CAC8 and CAG8. Just won't go. There is a little sea plane place and restaurant on Protection Island just south of cac8 (Dinghy Dock Pub. Actually been there). And as per the picture it is all good. Campbell river is good. Just cannot get CAC8. I have my scenery set the way it should be according to ORBX techs. So tomorrow I will start installing some of Misty's stuff and see where that goes. If that works OK, then I don't care if I ever fix my problem. One positive thing about this problem is that it really got me digging into Prepar3D V4. I did reload the ObjectL, uninstalled and re-installed FTX Central3, bought and installed global Vector, openLC NA, CYBD and PAKT.
One favour. Would someone go to that Dinghy Dock Pub and see if you have that huge ferry sitting there.

A couple of pictures of what CAC8 looks right now and Bella Coola as well as the dock just south of CAC8

al

roundrobin

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »
Al, Just my 2 cents. Reinstalling your sim is almost never a fix for problems like yours. The problems relate to something in the way things are configured. Reinstallation is a radical step to take.

Sorry Steve. Meant to answer this. Have been very busy with the ORBX team. Yes! You are correct. Re-installing wouldn't help me. I agree.

al

roundrobin

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 10:44:56 PM »
Al,

This is what your insertion points should look like:

Thank you Dale. Great reference for me to work on tomorrow, once I start installing RTMM libraries and files.

al

roundrobin

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 11:52:01 PM »
One question (wild shot). Were those great shots of CAC8 installed with the Prepar3d V4 install?

roundrobin

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 03:03:38 PM »
Hello guys and gals
Problem fixed with the help of Nick and Larry at ORBX. All it was, was the Object Flow not enabled in Prepar3D V4 under addon. Once I enabled and restarted the sim, it was all good.

Thanks to all that helped on this.

Now it's on to Tongass

al

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 04:04:47 PM »
Great news Al! Like I mentioned, problems like yours are almost always a configuration issue. Aren't you glad you didn't reinstall from scratch out of frustration? And if you had, you'd still have the same, overlooked issue going on. Hopefully someone else reading this thread will learn what you learned.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

roundrobin

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 04:28:47 PM »
Great news Al! Like I mentioned, problems like yours are almost always a configuration issue. Aren't you glad you didn't reinstall from scratch out of frustration? And if you had, you'd still have the same, overlooked issue going on. Hopefully someone else reading this thread will learn what you learned.

Steve

Steve
That is why I posted the fix. Someone will stumble into this again. There is a positive about an issue like this is that it got me really dig into Prepar3D V4. Now maybe I can help someone later.
I found that the people here in Misty Mooring have always been so helpful. Jeff, and you and everyone that helped on this (I can't see the names while typing) Thank you.

Still have a lot to learn.
Al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »
 :)

Glad you got it sorted, Al.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P