Author Topic: Screen shots from Al  (Read 8009 times)

roundrobin

Screen shots from Al
« on: December 04, 2017, 02:20:04 PM »

I need to know if my Orbx and my Prepar3D V4 is configured right. The reason I say this, is that I downloaded the free Orbx cac8 and cag8 for Nanaimo and Pender bay. Those all show the objects in the air, dock missing etc...... But the in other Orbx scenery all the cars are on the road and the comox base shows ok. Because of this problem in Nanaimo, I am a little shy to go further. I will try to contact Orbx. I bought all brand new scenery for the Prepar3d V4.
Could you look at my screen shots and recommend changes if need be and I would like for someone to download the Nanaimo float plane aerodrome and see if they have the same results as I do.

Thanks

Al

roundrobin

Re: Screen shots from Al
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »
More attachements

roundrobin

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:22:07 PM »
2 more

roundrobin

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
One more thing. Do I need Object Flow ?

Penzoil3

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:54:20 PM »
Yes, and none of the sceneries will work properly unless you install the OrbX libraries. Go to the Global tab in FTX Central, you will find the libraries listed there.
 Sue
 Oops, looking again, I see the libraries are installed.  On the settings page in FTX Central, there is a spot to check- "Use Object Flow 2 in P3D 4. If that is not checked, OrbX sceneries will not display properly.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:58:25 PM by Penzoil3 »

roundrobin

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
"Use Object Flow 2 in P3D 4. If that is not checked, OrbX sceneries will not display properly.

Thank you. I have been turning that on and off to see if it would make a difference with the Nanaimo scenery and nothing.  I suspect it is an elevation and missing objects issue with that scenery. Too bad because it looks so good from the pictures. I have posted on the support site at Orbx to see if anyone will help out with this one.
I am getting ready for the next big step. Tongass!!

al

dbutterf

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 09:00:51 PM »
RoundRobin,

This is what CAC8 looks like to me in P3Dv4.1 and Orbx

If the above suggestion does not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling CAC8
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

roundrobin

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »
That is beautiful. I have tried almost everything so far. Even uninstalled and re-installed. I am thinking of creating my own addon scenery/scenery and texture as suggested in the Prepar3D web page. It is definitely a height problem, as everything is there but floating in the air.

I'll keep working at it.

Thanks for the picture.

PS: I have CAC8 at the very top of my scenery in the sim. Another oddity is that it doesn't show up in the FTX central. If I go up and down the list of sceneries to move FTX up or down, CAC8 doesn't show up anywhere in there. Should it?

al

dbutterf

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »
PS: I have CAC8 at the very top of my scenery in the sim. Another oddity is that it doesn't show up in the FTX central. If I go up and down the list of sceneries to move FTX up or down, CAC8 doesn't show up anywhere in there. Should it?

Al,

The airports do not show in FTX Central.

You should not have to move Orbx scenery as it should install in the correct place when using FTX Central. The general rule for Orbx stuff is to keep it below other addon scenery in the scenery library.
i.e. Misty Moorings Scenery, then Orbx libraries, Orbx airports, Orbx Regions, etc.

My folders structure RTMM stuff is C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\Misty Moorings\scenery x

Hope this helps

Dayle

roundrobin

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 09:46:27 PM »
OK. I check that. I tried the addon scenery way and getting the same. You know I never tried Prepar3D V4 without all the ORBX stuff. So I don't even know what it should look like. Anyway, I have a feeling that my problem is with ORBX PNW. Here are a couple of shots. Elevation!!???! I remember having had an issue with that in FS-X and Misty Mooring and it was a very easy fix in the config file.

I'm just about ready to can this and stick it out with my FS-X. I have it on this fast machine and it runs great. So far I haven't seen anything worth all this trouble. Before I do I'll try some of Misty scenery but I have a strong feeling it will be like Nanaimo.

al

dbutterf

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »
Al,

You many have answered this but do you have Orbx PNW installed?

This is required for CAC8
Dayle

roundrobin

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 10:20:57 PM »
Reading further on this it could be the way I have FTX central set up. I just don't understand it from the original FTX. It's like double negatives. (FTX should be below at the top)
 I am mixed up also with object libraries and OLC.

I remember something called Vector????
Anyway, FTX central won't allow for a screen capture but in both boxes this is what I have:

FTX
ORBX!OPENLC_Base
ORBX!OPENLC-Europe
ORBX!OPENLC-NAMERICA1
##a whole bunch of default airports****
Global, GENERIC Vehicle LIBRARIES
LAS VEGAS
OCEANA
Western NORTH America
at the very bottom Prepar3D Scenery

Both windows in FTX central read exactly the same. I find FTX central 3 very limited compared to the first one I was used to. I find it confusing. Anyway, my last resorts.

Al

roundrobin

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 10:27:20 PM »
I think I do. I paid for it and it installed.:-)  I might unload everything and re-install Prepar3D V4.
Copy of my directory included. I tried to get support from ORBX but no luck so far.

Al,

"You many have answered this but do you have Orbx PNW installed?"

This is required for CAC8
[/quote]

roundrobin

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 10:34:27 PM »
I looked at your picture and figured out something. I am missing the dock and the point of land where the red car is. Also missing the platform that the big Propane tank is on. So I do have a lot of it, but missing some parts. I also have the large ship in the background. So just missing chunks of it including some terrain. That is very interesting!!!

al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 12:19:39 AM »
Hi Al,
     You need to set your "insertion points" in FTX Central, so that FTX entries are below all RTMM scenery.  Mine is set to insert below my OZx library, but if you don't have that ... Put in Yes Bay Lodge at the bottom of your RTMM scenery and use that.  Point FTX's insertion point at Yes Bay Lodge, and it will always load below that.  Set your OLC insertion point below TFX lower.  Then see how your sim looks.  ;)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:32:55 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P