Author Topic: starting new  (Read 3517 times)

roundrobin

starting new
« on: December 02, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I haven't flown in Misty very much in the past 2 years. Now I am back and have a new machine with Prepar 3D V4. Starting from scratch. Don't even have a float plane yet!! Anyway, I just want to say hello from the Comox Valley. I have installed ORBX PNW, Southern Alaska, Pacific Fjords and now doing reading where to go next.

cheers
al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: starting new
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 08:21:00 PM »
Wow!  Welcome back, Al.  Long time, eh?  It sounds like you're on track to get back in the air.  Let us know if we can help.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »
Welcome (Back?) "RR". Indeed being absent from Misty makes the heart grow fonder. (or something like that!). A new puter and P3Dv4x.. great - you'll be very happy flying once you all setup!!

Just have an eye on some of the "required extras" and necessary additions for Tongass (AI models) as well as a few required RTMM's updates for P3Dv4x. Refer to the new page (in progress) for P3Dv4x

http://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#9

And just when we thought that no more robin's would be round' until spring.. a warm welcome back!

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

roundrobin

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 09:21:57 PM »
thank you guys! Well I did cheat a bit. I still have it all configured on a fairly good machine with FS-X.

Now and then I started it up and flew from Misty's place to the Cannery, to Wilson lake. I just love it. I moved, and taken care of a 93 year old in my house. But, I have more time now. And I really miss it.

I'll do a lot of reading and will only bug you if I am stuck. This getting old thing isn't good for the problem solving grey matter :-)

al

roundrobin

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »
Welcome (Back?) "RR"

That is funny! Still people that remember those. I get an email now and then. If you are curious, I wrote 165 Round Robin articles. I still have them all (graphics included) on my hard drive. One thing about them is that they are timeless. You can fly them today just as well as in 1998. (last one written in 2010)

I don't miss the magazine deadlines. I always procrastinated and waited till the last few days.

al

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »
That "coming back" part? That's why we call it RETURN to Misty Moorings. Folks fly away, but most come back home. :-)

The technology is getting crazy, Robin. Don't go it alone ... if you even think you are getting stuck, don't waste the time, just ask us here ... happy to help any way we can.

roundrobin

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »
Thanks Doug!!! I know I can't get through this on my own. I'll take my time.

al

roundrobin

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 03:53:42 PM »
In Campbell River float plane area with the Beaver with all gauges!!!!
God! I love the sound of that Beaver.

Huge steps this morning..

;)

al