Author Topic: bwep ai files issue  (Read 2784 times)

Beaverpilot74

bwep ai files issue
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:13:13 AM »
so in P3D V4 I do not have a add on folder only a FSADDONS in P3D which is on my F drive. In this folder I have TFX, Season switcher and RTMM. RTMM is where all of my RTMM add on scenery is going. So, to install this how do ADE files work in this FSADDON folder? All of my ADE files are in ORBX folders. I guess I am a little confused with the instructions in relation to my set up. Second, I had issues to fix on a few AI addons in TFX and do not want to go through that again lol. Anyone? Thanks
i7-7700K 4.2GHZ 10% overclocked 16GBGTX 1070 8GB

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: bwep ai files issue
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:14:43 AM »
You should read the forum more.  The answers are there.  Rod fixed the AI aircraft in TFX already.  You just needed to apply it.  There is another thread concerning the ADE files placement also.  You are working too hard, sir.  Use the search function to find specific topics, like TFX AI or ADE files.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 08:51:00 AM »
Off Topic...but this brings up a point.

I wonder if we have things organized well enough on the site. The info is usually there, but this entire flight sim thing is as complicated as hell. Search functions help, but I missed one the other day that Rod reminded me of... and I’m the guy that puts it all there.  To help, I think we need to look at these problems people are encountering and WE could have done to make the answer more obvious. 

The forum, here, is doing a lot of that by answering folks questions. But those of us giving the answers should ask ourselves if we have the answers organizationally correct. In this case, if you were looking at a site menu, what page would the answer have been on?

I find sometimes a CTRL-F search if the NOTAMS page reveals the answer. Bottom line, we need to continue our openness for questions. And when we see them, show people how to use the site to find the answer. And if THAT is complicated for US, then we need some reorganization for that topic.  In this case, where is the obvious answer? It isn’t obvious except by forum search. So have we got that fix obvious enough for people to find? 

The team and new folks can help me by telling me any ideas they have for better organizing a way to the answers. I’m going to start a thread in the WEBPAGE forum area. This for newbies and veterans...ideas for better organization for answers.

Beaverpilot74

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 02:09:35 PM »
Thanks Doug, Appreciate the concern and you are right to a point. This is or can be very complicated and as such can take a lot of effort to field and organize as things are discovered. Most of my confusion is learning V4, Windows 10 and trying to navigate all of these old files which many have been converted but others still have 3 different ways to install or have instructions based on the old platform. This can make things confusing. In addition, everyone's system will be different and I run Global, vector, NA LC and the sub regions as well as a host of ORBX airports further complicating things. Trying to assist everyone with their questions could be overwhelming too. You need Doug time lol. I am excited to get these things resolved. From the dolphins at Aiken to the wolves howling around Detna Creek and the Badger Lake Cabins, so much to see and it is all very well done.

I already found the fix a few days ago for the TFX AI and corrected the files. There are just more files for BWEP and I am concerned these may have similar issues?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:13:41 PM by Beaverpilot74 »

Doug

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »
BWEP is a good example of complications. It goes in fine, and as any other RTMM scenery. But payware PACD comes along, and you need a different file from us. The northern part of BWEP is outside of ORBX SAK,so you need Vector. You also have too disable some Vector airports..and on and on.  When you get to BWEP, you will find the single webpage for everything BWEP has most of these differences covered.

And now V4 comes along...and it can be a different animal altogether. Add that Microsoft updates are knocking out P3D  V3.4 , and hence Instant Scenery 3,  our main instrument for scenery dev.  Which, by the way is not compat with V4.  And on and on.  Our smoke effect object stopped working in V4,but didn’t change in V3  or FSX. Our team fixed it and it now works on all platforms. But it is even better, the smoke turns off above 60*F.  I’ll be passing that along soon. But it seems every corner you turn, you are staring at another software monster.

For us, I think half of the challenge is dealing with and beating the complications...as with the smoke. The result for me right now, I’ve never had a more stable platform that gives such a beautiful rendition of the sim world. It is a struggle, but each day it gets better.  But I worry that many people are going to struggle in the beginning and give up...missing what I can see now. So we’re going to focus on that aspect.  Don’t hesitate to bring your questions, they will actually be telling us what we need to make more obvious or clearer. 

Hang in there, it is worth the struggle! :-)

Doug

Beaverpilot74

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 05:28:16 AM »
Yes, I am stricken by the challenge and learning as I go. The few areas I have installed are wonderful and just keeps me yearning for the next one. I am at Forrester Island Research Outpost now in the library with the rest to go. Speaking about smoke, at the fleet bay parts dock both smoke start well above the building. I've been trying to slew to the new area just to check them out, very time consuming to install all of these but want to verify a good install for when I fly to them later. I think I am going to leave any AI files out for the time being until I know they work or understand how to if they cause issues. I will be approaching those carefully so I can isolate a problem immediately. Thanks again for the input, the community has been a great source of support. I look forward to getting this installed and exploring for a very long time.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:05:31 AM »
Beaverpilot74,
When you come across things in scenery that don't look right or out of place, how about posting a screenshot along with the coordinates so we can see where the problem lies. It will help us determine what the problem is and find a possible solution. We are aware of a number of issues that P3D4 is causing that are going to take a long time to address, so please be patient.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »
Sounds like the detached smoke problem. I’ve added it to the workshop list. As soon as I get IS3 back, I can go after these. That smoke problem is unique to P3D 4...I’m going to have to fix about 300 locations. When you see one just let us know, and it goes in the list. The AI is pretty stable...once the Tongass aircraft patch is in it all works. Don’t miss the AI shipping, it makes all of the water come to life.

D

Beaverpilot74

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 01:22:53 PM »
ok, ill give it a go. I'll make a list of anything abnormal I see. Does anyone have a fix for the autogen green blotchiness? That is one thing that drives me nuts about flightsim is these beautiful mountains and airfields, I have the 3d orbx trees and then this blurry nastiness which at times completely destroys the whole atmosphere. It's nothing TFX or RTMM just general.  I've also noticed just out of CAB5 on the river there is a sand bar with autogen roads and buildings/parking lots dissected with streams lol. Really out of place. Yes, with so many add ons and programs it can be a challenge to make them all play well together and then with updates to one can upset the others.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 03:36:12 PM »
Again, if you have something strange looking somewhere, post a screenshot and coordinates wo we can compare things. A;so, if you have out of place autogen, like roads in rivers, parking lots in strange places etc. it indicates that you have something wrong with your scenery cfg. order.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support