Author Topic: Need Help My Fellow Bushies.  (Read 11527 times)

GrahamP

Re: Need Help My Fellow Bushies.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 08:39:08 AM »
The error was Border Lake.

Out of interest, how did you/Dieter know Border Lake was the error?
Graham

Dieter

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 08:51:57 AM »
I asked Robert to send me his active scenery.cfg.
After checking this I knew the error. (Local path was missing)

Dieter
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:54:13 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
Good work Dieter,
glad you got it worked out for Robert.  Just for future reference it would help anybody else with this kind of problem if the solution were posted after being confirmed by those involved with the fix. 

When you say "active scenery.cfg" exactly which scenery.cfg are you speaking of?  As I pointed out there are at least 3 different scenery.cfg files I found in FSX.  I am assuming it is the one I provided the path to in my post but would like to confirm that if possible.
 8)
Later,

Spud

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »
Here is the path:   C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Fsx\scenery.cfg

Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 05:56:17 PM »
Hmmm,
must be WIN7 or VISTA on your computer I'm in XP and do not have a C:\ProgramData folder anywhere.
I think this is the same file I referred to in an earlier post.  In XP it is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg.  A bit harder to find than with your operating system it seems.
 ::) ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 05:59:54 PM »
Deleted by GrahamP.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:15:10 PM by GrahamP »
Graham

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »
Graham,
although there is a Scenery.cfg file in the main FSX folder it is not the one the sim uses.  There is also one in the My Recent Documents folder that is a copy of the one in the FSX root folder.  The real scenery.cfg is the one I gave the path to.  At least in XP it is.
The other two only show the default scenery in their lists.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »
>> Spud, it looks to me like he means the main FSX folder.

No!

active scenery.cfg is here:
(active scenery is the one that is read when booting FSX)

Windows7:
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

Win XP
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

Dieter

P.S.
In case you don't find it do a C:\ system search.  You maybe find 3 or 4 scenery.cfg.
Normally it's the one of the biggest size, based on your installation should be about 18 Kb or more.
Have a look inside with an editor. If you only see default [areas] then it's the wrong one.
The acative scenery.cfg contains all [areas], including Tongass X, any ORBX, your RTMM and so on.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 07:00:21 PM »
>> Spud, it looks to me like he means the main FSX folder.

No!

active scenery.cfg is here:
(active scenery is the one that is read when booting FSX)

Windows7:

Win XP

Dieter

P.S.
In case you don't find it do a C:\ system search.  You maybe find 3 or 4 scenery.cfg.
Normally it's the one of the biggest size, based on your installation should be about 18 Kb or more.
Have a look inside with an editor. If you only see default [areas] then it's the wrong one.
The acative scenery.cfg contains all [areas], including Tongass X, any ORBX, your RTMM and so on.

Thanks Dieter,
with FSX I have not had to diddle with the Scenery.cfg file yet so only going by the contents I was pretty sure the one we both show was the correct one.
CONFIRMED!
Later,

Spud

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 01:02:41 AM »
Beg your pardon guys - I meant the "scenery.cfg" file that's hidden (in win7) in: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

The one that starts :

[General]
Title=FS9 World Scenery
Description=FS9 Scenery Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Local=Scenery\World
Texture_ID=1
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.002]
Title=SantoriniDummy
Local=F:\Program DLs\FSX\Beta Santorini\SantoriniDummy
Layer=2
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.003]
Title=Default Scenery
Local=Scenery\BASE
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.004]
Title=0000 Base
Local=Scenery\0000
Layer=4
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

...which is quite simply a list of all the sceneries you have activated in your scenery library.

As you read DOWN the list, you will see all your active sceneries as they appear in the library from the BOTTOM UP. This is also reflected in  the lines that begin "Layer=" and if you read the lines that begin "Title=" you will see that this is the case too

The [Area.nnn] number reflects the order in which you activated the scenery addon. So when you move a scenery up or down you change its' position in the layering order. FSX merely edits the scenery.cfg by moving the [Area.nnn] block of text accordingly.

As long as the "Layer" numbers run consecutively throughout the whole config file, you should have no problems. I have, however, occasionally found that the scenery.cfg has gotten itself corrupted. If and when I think I have issues I will check here too.

So to come back to the original problem

My problem: " invalid Remote scenery path in scenery aera 174 "

you have to scroll down your scenery.cfg to [Area.174] and see what's wrong. Look at the line that starts "Local=" and compare the path that you see there to the scenery's location  on your hard drive. Perhaps something got moved.

Also - my mistake - the texture.cfg is in the aircraft texture and has nothing to do here. Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:07:22 AM by One-Eye »
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

GrahamP

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 02:39:59 PM »
Post deleted by GrahamP to minimise any confusion my misreading of posts may have caused.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:11:35 PM by GrahamP »
Graham

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
Good, its sorted out now that we are all on the same page so to speak.
Going from my FS9 experience can you just delete the offending area and let the sim rebuild the scenery.cfg file?  That would be the easiest way to solve a problem like this but I am not absolutely certain FSX will do this successfully.  Anyone know for sure?
 8)

EDIT:
My power failed for about 30 min. while working on this post but FireFox loads up to exactly where you were when power is lost.  I see another post has been made since I began this one so if the question has been answered by that just disreguard.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
Hmmmm, too many conflicting posts.

Robert appears to be referring to the one in the main FSX folder.

Dieter and Spud are referring to the folder where FSX.cfg is also located.

Now Chris is referring to the one in the main FSX folder.

If I get a problem I guess I'lll check them both.

Graham,
I know its hard to keep track of all this but:
First texture.cfg was not the correct file we are talking about, Chris's last post acknowledged his error on that.
Second Chris's last post is referring to the same scenery.cfg file that Dieter and I refer to in our posts.
Third Robert referred to the file Dieter asked him for but did not clearly state where he found the file.  It was the hidden file. (Unless you have show hidden files turned on)
Fourth the scenery.cfg file in the main FSX folder is not the correct file.
Fifth here is a cut and past from Dieter's post showing the correct location for the real scenery.cfg.

Windows7:

Win XP

And finally, I have a bridge in the Brooklyn, NY area I'm selling .... are you interested???   ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
Oops, I have been misreading "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft\FSX" as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Microsoft\FSX" in both Robert and Chris's posts. :-[   Maybe partly because I didn't even realise until now that this folder existed but that's no excuse.  I did have my glasses on as well.  Must read what's in front of me properly.

I have now deleted my previous posts on this to minimise the confusion they may have caused.

Apologies and thanks for correcting me Dieter and Spud.

How much for the bridge?  ;D
Graham

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »
Today its on special just 50% of the GNP will get the bridge. And support personnel to run it for 90 days.
 8)
Later,

Spud