Author Topic: Scenery Season Switcher  (Read 14447 times)

xxd09

Re: Scenery Season Switcher
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 02:01:52 PM »
1)stiletto2 Yes-that is right.Put in P3Dv4 Addons in C Drive.
Activated from there with P3Dv 4.2 Sim in F Drive via Scenery Menu-Add Area
2) jeff363 Will put Switcher in P3D v4Addons in C Drive (Where RTMM Sceneries are)and not activate it
xxd09

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 08:29:25 PM »
Yep, Step 2 is correct.  The switcher needs to be where the RTMM Sceneries are located.

Rod

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 09:29:15 PM »
Just a tip, xxd09, once you get 'er sorted out, drag the season switcher icon to your desktop as a shortcut to the .exe file. Makes it real handy.

jsapair
Jsapair

xxd09

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2018, 04:36:36 AM »
Did that -thanks
Still no  Fairbanks Floats-just a BWEP Maule Skis sitting at the BWEP dock!
Only RTMM item I cannot get to work but Floats flying elsewhere at all the Seaplane Bases so shall be content with that
xxd09

Lipra

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2018, 08:57:44 AM »
for info:-
going back to earlier problems I can move the files to a different computer and all is ok. I have managed tho to see the message:-

parameter format not correct-
c://users/pc is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or command

I hope this maybe of some use in the mean time I will just move to my other pc

win10 64 bit/fsx
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:09:26 AM by Lipra »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2018, 09:15:54 AM »
Lipra,

I assume you are referring to a post made by you in this thread almost 7 months ago when you say "...going back to earlier problems".   The parameter format you show:

c://users/pc

is invalid because the slashes go the wrong direction.  But more importantly, that line does not exist in the Season Switcher.  In fact the word "users" is not used in the Season Switcher code.   So, I have no idea where that message is coming from but it is not from the Season Switcher.

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2018, 09:45:27 AM »
I recognize what he is trying to convey. It is the original post I started this thread with and never did solve.

Lipra

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »
no problem Rod every now and then I look at it again. just thought it may be helpful at some stage

Re-checked you are correct in saying the / is The other way c:\users\pc

the blood sugar level must be a bit high or low when I looked at it
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:43:00 AM by Lipra »

John

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2018, 02:16:54 PM »
Hi all, I have a problem with SS 3.3.  Found some dupes and fixed them.  Ran the fix seasonal files cmd and looked over the list but can't find any more errors yet I'm still getting a "Duplicate file error" when I run SS.  Oh yeah, I did run the SS with sim running by mistake 1st time I tried.  Could ths have screwed something up?  If so how can I fix it ::)

John

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »
Hi John,

Running SS with Sim running shouldn't screw anything up....you just get the error notifications and the files are not switched. 

First thing I would do is run the List Seasonal Files.cmd file again and go over the list very carefully.   It is very rare to have done something to your seasonal files that can't be seen by running the List Seasonal Files.cmd file and studying the resulting list which you can also print out to study more carefully. 

If in fact, you still can't see any anomalies as described in the instructions that come with the List Seasonal Files.cmd file, post a screen of the exact error message that you get when running the Season Switcher.  In addition, let us know the structure of your RTMM Scenery directory beginning with Addon Scenery folder and note where the Season Switcher executable that you run is located.

You might also upload, as an attachment, your resulting list from when you run the List Seasonal Files.cmd file so that I can take a look at it.

Rod

John

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2018, 04:40:20 PM »
Thanks Rod, I'll see what I can do :o
John