Author Topic: Scenery Season Switcher  (Read 14456 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Scenery Season Switcher
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 02:20:27 PM »
Are all of the groups and user names on your list granted permission, or just the administrator? Sometimes you have to allow everyone on the list. Make sure that all child folders under your parent folder are allowed access. I just had to do this for permissions in a registry entry and had to dig deep in order to allow full read/write permissions. A pain.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Penzoil3

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »
This is what happens. I assumed a permission problem from the read only thing. P3D is not running.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 03:55:02 PM »
Hi Sue,

Ok, this is probably not a permissions issue.  This is probably a seasonal file conflict.   One or more of your seasonal files are duplicates or something like that.  It shouldn't happen unless a file is changed manually but it can also happen if a user accidentally duplicates a file or something similar.

Anyway got to "S" under the FAQ section of the RTMM site.   Season Switcher section at bottom look for:

Season Switcher Duplicate File Error

It describes your issue and there is a zip file at the end of the section that you can download.  It tells you what to do.  It is a little time consuming but the only way to clear an accidental duplicate file.

Rod

Penzoil3

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 11:20:07 PM »
 8)
 That did it. Black Rapids Lodge was all doubled up.  Working now.

Thanks
 Sue

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2018, 06:18:46 AM »
Hi Sue,

Glad you got the Season Switcher working again!

Rod

xxd09

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2018, 06:22:58 PM »
Hi
I had a problem with Season Switcher not seeming to work with BWEP Fairbanks Floatplanes
It works in all other Sceneries
I have been discussing this on the P3Dv4 board
At a bit off a loss what to try next-any ideas?
xxd09

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2018, 01:47:30 PM »
hmmm...not seeming to work....not sure what that means.     When you run the switcher is the appropriate seasonal file extension in the BWEP Fairbanks AI Floats\Scenery folder changed from .off to .bgl and so on.   If so, then the switcher is doing its job.  If not, is the BWEP Fairbanks AI Floats folder installed in a folder that is within the Addon Scenery folder structure?

Rod

xxd09

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
Hi stilleto2
Trying to get Fairbanks Floats to work
Have Fairbanks Prof installed
RTMM Scenery Switcher works in all other Sceneries which are mostly Orbyx
AI Traffic works in all other areas of Sim
No working Floats at Fairbanks-just a BWEP Maule Ski version at at the BWEP dock-moves up and down dock depending on time of day
In Winter Maule sets off across airport
Is it the Aerosoft Scenery? Installed properly?
Seems OK in Sim
Everything seems to work OK except for the Fairbanks Floats!
A puzzle
xxd09

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2018, 08:26:56 PM »
Hi xxd09,

The RTMM Season Switcher would not affect ORBX sceneries.  It only activates RTMM Scenery that are Season Switcher ready.  You did not answer this question:

When you run the switcher is the appropriate seasonal file extension in the BWEP Fairbanks AI Floats\Scenery folder changed from .off to .bgl and so on?

Need answer to this question to determine if Switcher is acting properly on the BWEP Fairbanks Floats Scenery.

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2018, 09:02:46 PM »
     ... additionally, if I may interject, you should be sure your season switcher is above your scenery folders for RTMM on your hdd.  The switcher works on files in it's folder and any sub-folders below it.  Folders in other places on your hdd as well as orbx/aerosoft etc. are NOT included and don't have season files in them anyway.  Only some RTMM scenery locations are created with seasonal variations, and only those files area changed by the season switcher.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

xxd09

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 05:37:12 AM »
Hi Guys
Thanks for all your efforts
1 RTMM is not acting properly.Not changing any file(.Noseason seems to have the only bgl file)
2 If I put Switcher in P3Dv4 Addons -then it is not accepted by sim. I put into P3Dv4/Addon Scenery-is this right?
xxd09

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 07:22:41 AM »
     My season switcher is in the same "Addon Scenery" folder that my "Return to Misty Moorings" folder is in.  Inside my RTMM folder are all the scenery location folders with their "scenery" subfolders below them.

S:\Lockheed Martin P3Dv3 <--- (my FS scenery folder, not the P3d program folder.  That's on the Q: drive.)
     -Addon Scenery
       -  RTMM Season Switcher v3.3  <--- Season switcher folder in addon scenery folder.
       -  Return to Misty Moorings DX10
            +  Aiken Creek Camp
            +  Alaska Power Project
            +  Annette Island Fly-In
            +  Badger Lake Cabins  ...

(these are my P3dv3 scenery folders, ... I point my P3dv4 at them)  ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:02:07 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

xxd09

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2018, 08:08:30 AM »
I have to “activate” my RTMM Scenery-Klutina Lodge etc which I put in the P3Dv4 Addons folder on my C Drive-P3Dv4 in F Drive.
“Activate” means for me that after Sim started go to Scenery ,Add Scenery ,then look for RTMM Scenery in P3Dv4Addon Folder in C Drive and “Activate” .
RTMM Scenery the appears in P3Dv4 Scenery
This does not work for Switcher-because it is not Scenery presumably
xxd09

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:58 AM »
     The season switcher executable should be in the C:\Addon Scenery\ folder where you install your RTMM sceneries.   Don't add the switcher to your scenery library.  It is NOT scenery, of course.  Just run the season switcher executable (RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe), and a DOS box will pop up, asking which season you would like to change to.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 10:39:25 AM »
I have to “activate” my RTMM Scenery-Klutina Lodge etc which I put in the P3Dv4 Addons folder on my C Drive-P3Dv4 in F Drive.

I don't have P3Dv4 but this sentence seems to say that you have put your RTMM scenery in your P3Dv4Addons Folder.   That would mean that it is not in your Addon Scenery Folder.   Is this correct?

Rod