Author Topic: Scenery Season Switcher  (Read 14451 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Scenery Season Switcher
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 11:42:33 PM »
Hi Steve,

Microsoft does a lot of things that make no sense like breaking P3Dv3 when they released an update.  Unfortunately, since I can't duplicate your error, I am unsure of the next step.  I will do some research and see if I can find anything else that might be causing you the problem.

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 08:46:38 AM »
Thanks, but don't take up your time for my problem. I had a few other programs that didn't run also (Active Sky p3d4) but setting compatibility to W8 worked for them. Thought AVAST may have also been the problem, but they are all in the exception lst.

Thanks again.

Lipra

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 08:19:40 AM »
I have the same problem. avast free anti virus was showing the following malware entries

trz 8d4f.tmp
idp.generic.if72dccc34of.3.2
win 32:maleware.gen [trj]
I have deleted avast and still get the same.

I hope this may be of help

This is for fsx install
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:29:25 AM by Lipra »

BBQSteve

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »
Having thought some more on the problem, I have a couple more questions.

1. I have renamed all my MM scenery as RTMM ..... Like "RTMM Yes Bay Lodge" when the scenery switcher looks for files, does it just look in all the directories for a set of specific files, or does it look in specific directories for specific files.

2. the name of the executable is "RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe" if I enter that the command interpreter errors with "RTMM not a known executable, batch,....." After thinking about this, shouldn't the file be named "RTMM_Season_Switcher_v3.3.exe"

I know, like most all of you, I had it working. I even have a season text file that says winter. Just throwing things out there.

Lipra

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »
I had a half hour to spare and had a play. I tried the switcher on my game pc and it failed so I then transferred my rtmm folder via drop box to my laptop . I then ran the switcher no problem if you have a spare pc / laptop this may be some help. I did check that at lest one of the arears changed from winter to no season and back
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:36:08 AM by Lipra »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 12:56:32 PM »
Having thought some more on the problem, I have a couple more questions.

1. I have renamed all my MM scenery as RTMM ..... Like "RTMM Yes Bay Lodge" when the scenery switcher looks for files, does it just look in all the directories for a set of specific files, or does it look in specific directories for specific files.

2. the name of the executable is "RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe" if I enter that the command interpreter errors with "RTMM not a known executable, batch,....." After thinking about this, shouldn't the file be named "RTMM_Season_Switcher_v3.3.exe"

I know, like most all of you, I had it working. I even have a season text file that says winter. Just throwing things out there.

Sorry I missed this post during the holiday season.  Here are the answers to your two questions.

1.  The switcher looks at a specific set of folders.  The set of folders to be interrogated includes the folder you put the switcher in and all of its sub folders (children).

2.  The underscores that you suggest for the file name used to be a requirement with some of the older operating systems that didn't want spaces in the file name but the elimination of spaces hasn't been required for quite awhile.

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 11:40:37 AM »
To revisit my question, I think one got overlooked. I rename all my rtmm scenery folders to something like this; normal "Misty's Place" becomes "RTMM Misty's Place", "Wander Lakes Lodge" becomes "RTMM Wondering Lakes Lodge", etc. Would this cause the executable to error out?

Penzoil3

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 01:01:47 PM »
 8)
 My problem is that the entire flight sim file is designated "read only". I reset, and go back and it has changed back to read only. I own the folder. I have full control. UAC is turned off.  I don't know what else to try. Win 7 Ultimate 64bit...
 Sue

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »
To revisit my question, I think one got overlooked. I rename all my rtmm scenery folders to something like this; normal "Misty's Place" becomes "RTMM Misty's Place", "Wander Lakes Lodge" becomes "RTMM Wondering Lakes Lodge", etc. Would this cause the executable to error out?

Folder names won't make a difference as the Switcher addresses everything in its folder and the child folders below it regardless of their names.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »
8)
 My problem is that the entire flight sim file is designated "read only". I reset, and go back and it has changed back to read only. I own the folder. I have full control. UAC is turned off.  I don't know what else to try. Win 7 Ultimate 64bit...
 Sue

I use Win 7 Home  64 bit.  When you say "reset" do you mean that as an Administrator you edit the permissions for your P3D folder, apply, close window and then when you come back the changes you made aren't there?  What does the Security tab look like?

Rod

Penzoil3

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 11:54:44 AM »
Like this. I uncheck the "read only tab, when I open it back up it is re-checked. I'm admin btw...

Penzoil3

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »
 8) Here...

BBQSteve

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 01:08:54 PM »
I keep getting format incorrect, 'rtmm' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 01:32:42 PM »
8) Here...

My read only box is also filled in.  That doesn't cause a problem for me.  Also, all my check marks except special permissions are in the Allow column for all four of my "Group or user names".  Assuming yours are too, it would be the same as mine. 

What exactly happens  when you run the Season Switcher to cause a problem?

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »
I keep getting format incorrect, 'rtmm' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Sorry, BBQSteve, I am just mystified as to why your system doesn't see the RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe file as an executable file. 

Rod