Author Topic: Scenery Season Switcher  (Read 14449 times)

BBQSteve

Scenery Season Switcher
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »
Since the latest W10 update to 1709, has anyone else had a problem running the scenery season switcher? Mine comes up for a second then disappears. I have UAC turned off, so not sure why it won't run.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Scenery Season Switcher
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:51:47 AM »
Hi Steve,
     I've just run mine in Windows 10 version 1709 OS build 16229.64, and it appears to have run without a hitch.  Received a successful completion message after switching seasons.   ;)  I've done nothing special to my version 3.3 RTMM Season Switcher since installing it ages ago.   :-\
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:55:03 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

BBQSteve

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 11:07:09 AM »
Thanks for the info Jeff. Mine comes back with an unable to process commad line incorrect format. Any idea if I can manually enter the correct command in the command procesor?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 11:25:55 AM »
Hi Steve,
     Rod is the author of this tool.  He can help you when he sees this message.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 01:39:12 PM »
Yup I have switcher v3.3 - works without issue. W10, P3Dv4.1x
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 04:23:35 PM »
Thanks for the info Jeff. Mine comes back with an unable to process commad line incorrect format. Any idea if I can manually enter the correct command in the command procesor?

Hi Steve,

The Season Switcher, based on feedback from users, works fine in Windows 10.  Not sure what you mean  "manually enter the correct command".   The Season Switcher has over 400 lines of code.  Do you get that message the minute it starts?   If not, can you post a screen showing what was displayed before you got the message as well as a screen capture of the message itself which might give me an idea of where in the command string the error is happening.  The error you are getting is Windows generated so it does not give me a clue on what is happening.

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 08:11:25 AM »
My system is too fast to get a capture. The DOS window opens and instantly closes. In order to see what I did see, I have to start the switcher multiple times. Windows 10 wasn't the problem, it is W10 update to 1709.

I realize the lines of code must be large, just thinking of a batch file vice an exe.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 11:19:35 AM »
Hi Steve,

The batch file code inside the executable is not distributable as we consider it proprietary to RTMM. However, you can get a picture of the command window and the error if you start the switcher with the command prompt open so it won't close when it gets the error.  Here is how to do it.

Open the folder where you have the RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe stored (not the shortcut if you have one).  Go up to the File Explorer's address bar, type in "cmd" without the quotes and hit enter (you might have to click on the white space to the right of the current address if it is not showing it in path name format).   A command window will open with your current directory already selected.  Enter "RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe" with the quotes and hit enter.  This will run the switcher with the command window open and you should be able to get a screen shot of the whole command window when the error comes up.  When you get that, please post so I can take a look at it.

Rod

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 09:12:28 AM »
Thanks for the instructions Rod. this results in "RTMM...." is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Parameter format not correct -"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:14:56 AM by BBQSteve »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 11:13:02 AM »
Do you have the Season Switcher installed in the proper location?

http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/#s

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
I believe so. All my RTMM scenery is in a directory called RTMM (DUH) the season switcher is locted in the directory above as prior to the W10 update, so it looks like this:

LM
  P3D V4
V4 ADDONS
     SCENERY  (LOCATION OF SCENERY SWITCHER)
          RTMM
             (FILES)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 01:34:34 PM »
Well, not being a P3D user I can't comment one way or another, right or wrong. Somebody else will chime in, I'm sure. Good luck, and I'm sure someone will get you fixed up.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Dieter

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »
The "Scenery Season Switcher" seems to be working in a "very  flexible way".
My installation for P3Dv4,
RTMM sceneries are outside the main P3Dv4 folder:
-\Addon Scenery\Return to Misty Moorings
with many subfolders like
- effects
- sound
- RTMM libraries
- RTMM sceneries
- RTMM Season Switcher v3.3.exe
Everything works without any problem

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »
Hi BBQSteve,

Thanks for your post of the exact error.  Your problem probably has something to do with your executable environment and is not a Season Switcher problem.   W10 update 1709 was the major Fall Creator's update.  The error you are getting is probably because your Environmental Variables may have been changed during the update. 

Here is a link on the subject:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/fix-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/

I have attached a pic of my W10 System Variables in which the Switcher runs fine.   Compare yours to mine in the Path and Path Ext area.....

I would make sure you have .exe, .bat & .cmd in the Path EXT.

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 12:20:28 PM »
Just like yours. Makes no sense this issue happens after the update. No reason for changing the system variables on you.