Author Topic: Misty's Place updated again  (Read 3296 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Misty's Place updated again
« on: November 18, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »
We are always fooling around with Misty's Place, hopefully making it a little better each time. The latest update puts the rotating beacon in line with the now-night-lighted water runway. The rocks that were at the north end of the runway are gone, and the land there is now flat. Trees were cut down on the approach.  So you have a much easier approach from the North.  The smoke was fixed for the Misty's Place buildings (where it had detached in V4.0+). The smoke at the lighthouse was fixed too. 

After a long day out in the fjords, Returning to Misty Moorings is a real pleasure.  The latest update is on the scenery page, under "M".

Doug/RTMM

xxd09

Re: Misty's Place updated again
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:49:51 PM »
Hi Doug
Enjoying the “new” Mistys Place-all smoking away good style etc Great at night !
I do however have some fences on runway at N55.15.61 W131.46.29 Two pieces -one post and one portion of fence
Is it just me?
xxd09

Doug

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 01:53:57 PM »
OK ... give it a try now. It should work ... let us know.

Doug
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:34:52 PM by Doug »

xxd09

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 02:41:33 PM »
Hi Doug
Just a small point
Scenery Locations in Misty Gustavus Complex documentation
Carol Glacier Cabin
Reads N58.57.5572
          N58.57.5572?
xxd09

Doug

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
Got that fixed also. Good eye.  Thank you!

Doug

xxd09

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »
Hi
Misty is good to go -runway clear!
xxd09

Doug

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 03:15:18 PM »
Sorry about that. Got so much going on here. By the way, I'm changing strategy because there are so many problems with IS3/P3D V3.4 (it crashes 80% of the time). So I'm going to go down through the scenery page (starting at "A"), and looking for 1. Locations that are ok in 4.0+ and 2. locations that have a smoke problem, or some other problem.  For those that are OK in 4.0+, I'm going to put the new P3D V4 Ready logo on it under the Thumbnail ... so we'll know which ones we don't have to worry about. Later when IS3 is running (if P3D and Microsoft every come up with a fix), then I'll go after all locations without the logo. As I'm doing this, I'm also going to add the "starting location" and relative VFR location to each one so people can always find these things more easily.  So, plenty to do without IS3! :-)

So we're going to have to deal with some "smoke" misplacement problems with 4.0+ until things settle down.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 04:32:21 PM »
Doug,
What error is showing up in your Windows Event Log after an IS3 crash?

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

xxd09

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 07:15:33 PM »
Hi Doug
Very much appreciate all the effort
Just completed the 7 suggested Misty Gustavus flights to various cabins
Very impressive body of work
xxd09

Doug

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 07:36:45 PM »
Wait till I get Owikeeno fixed up before you fly that one. Lots of fun things there, but lots of smoke problems right now.  Glad you are enjoying these. We have a beautiful palette to play with the ORBX Alaska addons. It is beautiful country.

Beaverpilot74

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 02:37:09 PM »
So, I have to delete the old Misty's file from my FSADDON folder and download and pop the new one in and add it to my scenery library correct? I was going to ask, when I start there my Cub is behind the old broken fencing at the south end. Niggling thing, but is this right? I am just starting to get into RTMM and it is great. I downloaded Misty's on the 19th so it should be the new one? Smoke is perfect on the building at the south end but the hangar is a few feet higher than the stack and begins from a black ball. I do not know what it looked like before so am I current or not lol.

I also ran into starting P3D V4 today I lost all my sceneries? For some reason my scenery library moved all of my RTMM files below my OLC??? Took a bit to move the 30 some files back up to the top and TFX back between FTX and OLC.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:57:51 PM by Beaverpilot74 »
i7-7700K 4.2GHZ 10% overclocked 16GBGTX 1070 8GB

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »
Rule of thumb: when downloading and installing a newer version of any RTMM scenery or updated object libraries, ALWAYS delete the old and replace with the new. This will avoid inevitable future problems.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 03:24:01 PM »
Yep, that fencing was an error. We got it fixed. Steve is right, with all our stuff, throw out the old before you install the new. We make a lot of corrections, as you can tell. But hopefully (unlike Microsoft), ours make things better! :-)

I had the SAME problem, or at least similar. You have to really be careful with the FTX Central. When you download something new, it is using the "insertion points" that are default. And those don't care about our stuff. Look on our Object Libraries page for the 'relative' positioning of everything.

For me, I have all the RTMM stuff at the top, then the object libraries, (My last library is RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D.  So My FTX entries "should be inserted below: RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D  .... for me. 

Tongass X then goes below the FTX Entries ... Tongass X higher then Tongass X lower priority. For me, then the second insertion point, for openLC entries is below Tongass Fjords Lower Priority.  If these insertion points are wrong, every time you ask FTX Central to do something for you (add a new product, etc), it will insert things exactly as you have with the insertion points. Mine kept moving around and I couldn't figure out why ... insertion points are not "optional" ... what is there is what happens.

Hope this helps. And welcome aboard. We ALL have our frustrations with all of these things. Earlier this week I was battling something for 3 days ... finally figured it out. But don't go it alone ... I didn't. Just ask here. Your problem will be TOO many answer more than likely. A great support team here ... not just RTMM, but a lot of the folks that are here every day. (Of course you'll have to buy the next round at Misty's Place!)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 08:33:13 PM »
Took a bit to move the 30 some files back up to the top and TFX back between FTX and OLC.

I was just thinking, ... don't move the 30 files.  Just set your insertion points in FTX Central and it will do the moving for you.  It will move FTX below your RTMM stuff, and OLC below TFX, which is below FTX.  Easy.  Just set your insertion points.  ;)  My scenery.cfg file has 682 areas currently.  Just my FTX areas range from 280 to 507.  :o 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:40:23 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P