Author Topic: Unsuccessful Tongass Fjords install revisited  (Read 2801 times)

don235

Unsuccessful Tongass Fjords install revisited
« on: November 15, 2017, 07:49:23 PM »
Hello guys and dolls,

Just want to say thanks to everyone for their help and insight, however all was unsuccessful, I cannot get Tongass Fjords X to work. It's ashame I really enjoyed Misty Moorings. Maybe some enterprising person will rework an installer for p3d some day hell I would even pay for it. I have had Tongass for years so I got my money's worth. After removing everything all sceneries are back to Orbx standards and FTX Central3 is working again. I still have my old FSX machine so I can still go there when I want. Anyway thanks to all and I will be departing the fix.
Best Regards,
Don235

Beaverpilot74

Re: Unsuccessful Tongass Fjords install revisited
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:33:11 AM »
I had one heck of a time installing TFX in P3D V4 also. I was finally able to get it to work. The only issue I have now is Sitka and Wrangell crashing and I suspect it is due to a few corrupt AI files I read about once but can not find at the moment. The next issue is the convoluted RTMM files. I did this foray once already and it resulted in a complete wipe and reinstall of P3D V4 because of crashes and errors. Again, I suspect traffic files but I am not sure. P3D is the future so I would hope someone somewhere will make a proper installer for all. Sure would be nice to just buy RTMM, install and be done. In the mean time I have been flying AKA instead until I can figure this out. I put Tongass at the top of my library to get it to work with my global, vector, NA LC, and regional sceneries. I backed up all of the folders I added to just in case I had problems again. What exactly happened with your install? Did you follow Poppets guide?
i7-7700K 4.2GHZ 10% overclocked 16GBGTX 1070 8GB

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:37:04 PM »
Beaverpilot74: Rod Jackson's AI model replacements for Tongass will stop those CTD in P3dv4x.

Link: http://return.mistymoorings.com/p3d_v4_faq/index.php#tong

Norm
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:12:57 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Beaverpilot74

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 03:09:54 AM »
Thanks, I found the answer in RTMM just modified a few file names and added a new prop texture on the few that were causing problems. Bell flies out of Sitka now.
i7-7700K 4.2GHZ 10% overclocked 16GBGTX 1070 8GB