Author Topic: RTMM Adjustments for P3D V4+  (Read 3629 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
RTMM Adjustments for P3D V4+
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:00:52 AM »
NOTAM: None of the following information is for FSX or P3D 2 or 3+ users. This information is only valid for V4. The problems we are encountering were created when Prepar3d went to 64 bit. So all non V4_ users can disregard this information.

RTMM V4+ Problems and Solutions:

Detached Smoke Effect: For those of you who have Prepar3d V4.0 and V4.1, there are some anomalies that can appear with RTMM scenery and we are actively working on those.  The most frequent problem is an offset of the smoke effect at cabins (it emits about 20 feet above the cabin and to one side about 5 feet). We had "miniaturized" a smoking cabin and placed it in the chimney of a non-smoking cabin. V4 cannot handle this technique we used. So we will be replacing all of those (there are hundreds).

Directional CTD: The second, and more critical problem was a "Directional CTD" (Crash to Desktop). We first noticed this flying out of Misty's place. Turning left out of Bostwick Inlet ... the sim would freeze then CTD. It always happened when the plane got to 240 degrees (direction). We could duplicate this by sitting on the runway in slew and rotating, when at 240 degrees ... CTD! After some long troubleshooting time, the problem was animated FS9 objects that are not compatible with V4. Off in the direction of 240 from Misty's Place was the animated Garbage Barge. We found this again at Owikeeno, same problem, different direction, different FS9 object, (Mega Yacht).

As we find these, Rod Jackson is doing a makeover on them that allows them to function correctly in V4. As we fix these objects, we will place them on the Prepar3D V4 FAQ Page.

In that table, you will find two new important entries:

1. Workshop Log - This is a log I am keeping to handle changes that need to be made to RTMM scenery to bring it up to speed with V4. I am flying all of the autoroutes, starting in the A's and checking each one for the above two problems. When I encounter a problem, it goes onto this list.  You can see and/or download the list any time from the above link or you can also find it in the "Beta and Workshop" table at the bottom of the Scenery page.  As I correct the problems, they will be given a "fixed" timestamp. This will be your signal that a scenery change has happened at that location and you can download the updated location. (Notam: You may have to clear your browser's history to see the latest update).

NOTAM: I am not going to put up a NOTAM for each of these changes, I would be spending more time with that than fixing the problems. Occasionally I'll post a notam when I'm at a milestone in the process, but to keep up, go to the workshop log.

2. V4 Object Updates - For the great work that Rod is doing, also in those places you will see a link for P3D V4 Objects.zip.  When we alter an old FS9 object to make it compatible for V4, we will post them in this zip. You can download it, check the "readme" and install the new object over the old on in your sim.

What You can Do: If you are running V4 and see an anomaly, or encounter a problem. Let us know right away. We need the latitude/longitude of your problem and the direction you are heading when it happens. If you see offset smoke, again let us know.

To let us know ... FIRST please check the workshop log. For Windows users, do a CTRL F and put in the location name where there is a problem. If it is already on our list, that will find it. If it is not on the list, then send it to us here on the forum or via "contact@mistymoorings.com" and we'll put it onto the list.

Next week, I will begin working on the workshop log, fixing the items I've encountered so far. As I fix them, the fixes will be noted in the log. If you are V4 user and are a junkie about staying updated (like I am), you can re-download those locations and install them. You will see the date in the workshop log and also the "updated" date on the individual location will match.

NOTAM: PLEASE ... always delete your previous folder for the location before you put in the new one. DO NOT Overwrite, sometimes we have to change names of things, and you will get doubles of bad things! (Singles of bad things are bad enough! :-)

Summary: Normally the summary should contain an apology ... but not in this case. We didn't cause the problem. We are going to a great deal of EXTRA work to keep RTMM up to pace with the changes Prepar3D is making. All you will have to do is re-download locations. The real work is on OUR end ... and we'll get it done. When you look at the workshop log, you'll be amazed at the corrections necessary that are already there ... and I'm only in the "B's" at the time of this writing. This will take a great deal of time to get it all fixed. Be patient with us please, but don't blame us for the problems, help us find them. We are just "fixing" them.

Doug/RTMM

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:50:18 AM by Doug »

BBQSteve

Re: RTMM Adjustments for P3D V4+
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:12:52 AM »
Where is the v4 faq page now. looking for the mega yacht and barge fix.

Doug

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 11:55:04 AM »
You can find the information HERE

A good way to find things like this. Look at the HOME page and go down the right hand column, almost everything on the site is there for you.

Doug

BBQSteve

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 11:18:04 AM »
Thanks Doug, that was it.

Doug

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:36:47 AM »
Glad you got it.  Seems like we are  always "tweaking" :-)

D