Author Topic: Open Hangers in P3dV4  (Read 5548 times)

bt103504

Open Hangers in P3dV4
« on: November 06, 2017, 08:48:24 AM »
I was curious if you all had any suggestions for scenery that had opening hangar doors in P3dv4. I know some of the Misty scenery has open hangars (no doors) that you can park in. But looking for any other suggestions.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Open Hangers in P3dV4
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »
In short, if you're asking about RTMM scenery that has hangar objects with doors that open when tuning to specific a comm radio frequency, then no. LM broke that ability in P3D and there was no workaround for it when we converted all of our FSX libraries to be P3D compatible. The animated hangar doors were actually FS9 models, (that also work in FSX) and P3D doesn't "like" them. Wish it weren't so!
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »
Bill Womack just released the 6B6 / 2B2 package.  6B6 has two hangars that open with proximity.  He
uses SODE to do that.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 04:40:47 PM »
Hey, Dex, good point!

SODE  (SimObject Display Engine) is a 3rd party addon that enables the use of SimObjects instead of Scenery Objects via the Simconnect interface.   It is a piece of very nice donationware created by Jeffrey Stähli.   The plus is that SimObjects allow a significant amount of "conditional" control on how things are placed and animated.  The negative side is that XML coding is required to get the object set up and placed.  Plus you may also have to build the animated .mdl object that the SODE code will call.

Some payware developers are definitely starting to make use of this innovative software.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 07:13:34 PM »
SODE has actually been around for quite some time, I looked at it a few years ago, and gave it a pass. I'm sure it's matured since then but haven't given it another look. Just to reiterate, RTMM has no hangar objects - neither .mdl or simobjects - that animate.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

bt103504

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 07:25:32 PM »
Thanks all! I was just asking generally about any airports in P3dV4 that have that feature. I was hesitant to buy the 6b6 airport by Bill because the hangars looked pretty small I was unsure if you could even fit any aircraft in it, lol.

Any feedback on the 6b6 hangar size would be appreciated.

Thanks!