Author Topic: FTX Central  (Read 7156 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
FTX Central
« on: November 04, 2017, 03:46:40 PM »
I finally figured out that my scenery library is getting screwed up each time FTX Central installs something ... it puts the FTX .xxx and ORBXLC ... folders at the bottom of the library, screwing up everything.  I'm using AddonOrg (addon organizer) and I can "restore" a good scenery library setup.  So anytime I let FTX Central add something (like PayWare PAJN), I have to go in and "restore" to get the FTX and Orbx LC back up where it belongs. Anybody else see this?

Doug

Penzoil3

Re: FTX Central
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 07:03:34 PM »
 8)
 You have to set your "insertion" points in FTX Central see here-
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/143794-library-insertion-points/?tab=comments#comment-1268576

Doug

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »
OK ... I was looking at that. What DOESN'T happen for me are all my locations. The list starts with FTX, all the other things (that are really there above it) do not show.  Hmmm...

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 07:39:33 PM »
 Nick Cooper

Orbx Team
    Nick Cooper
    Administrators
    15,429 posts
    Order #:N/A

Report post  #13

Posted 2 hours ago

Hello,

please try this:

Untitled.jpg

Please place the FTX icon just above EdwardsAFB and the OLC icon just below that.

Don't forget to click on Save.

Doug

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 07:42:33 PM »
Sorry, I'm not following that.   Shouldn't a whole list of everything pop up in that window? Then you move the FTX where it should insert? (Maybe I've got that wrong). But if I'm correct, all of the stuff I've added isn't showing up in that window.

Penzoil3

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 01:30:39 AM »
 8) If you set the insertion points as instructed, and click save, the FTX stuff will stay there. If you do not set the insertion points, everytime you open FTX Central, or add an OrbX scenery, it will screw up everything again. I assume you are selecting the proper simm when FTX Central opens ?
If so, please try setting the insertion points.

"Please place the FTX icon just above EdwardsAFB and the OLC icon just below that." Then clicks save. If you scroll the window, everything should be there BTW.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 05:37:12 AM »
I'm assuming your speaking of P3D.  In FSX you can scroll up and down the list and if your Scenery Library is setup correctly it will show the order you have in your library.  P3D I know nothing about so it could be different using that sim.
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 06:31:22 AM »
 8)
 P3D 3 and  4 are the same Spud.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 06:32:58 AM »
Doug,
     Just to be clear, you are saying you have no third-party scenery in your insertion point list?  Only FTX, Orbx, and P3D default sceneries are showing for you?  Is that correct?  ???  Even when you scroll down?   :-\

Spud, using FTX Central is the same across all platforms.  Using P3D is the same as FSX, only better performance, and a few UI changes.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 06:36:21 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Penzoil3

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 06:34:58 AM »
Hmm, have you been adding sceneries as  .xml files ?  That could cause this, I believe.
 Sue

From the P3D forum-

Using add-on.xml
Advanced search

aeronauta   

Re: Using add-on.xml

Postby aeronauta ยป Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:14 am
ahuimanu if you installed scenery or anything else using add-on.xml in C:\Users\aero\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons the way to enable /disable it is via the Menu>Options>Add-Ons and tick/untick the corresponding box..

Addons added this way will not place an entry in the scenery.cfg.. or addons.cfg , only in addons.xml.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 06:39:04 AM by Penzoil3 »

Dieter

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 07:45:55 AM »
That's correct, Sue.
This is one reason I do not add sceneries by using add-on.xml mode.
(what is discussed here:
http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3619.msg32015#new
I did before but I switched back to "old style"
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 08:06:13 AM »
OK thanks to all.  I don't think I'm adding it as xml, but I do use the Lorby Addon Organizer ... in that program, there is a list of xml added stuff (FSUIPC, etc) in a special grouping and my scenery files are under a "Scenery" grouping... so I don't think that is doing something screwy. 

I'm seeing exactly what Jeff is stating. See first attached pic.

Just to be clear, you are saying you have no third-party scenery in your insertion point list?  Only FTX, Orbx, and P3D default sceneries are showing for you?  Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. 

If the list would come up, then I'd use the insertion tool as I used to and "place" those things where they should be, but all I see in FTX Central is in the first screenshot. Notice the slider is at the top (to the right) ... there's nothing "above" FTX.  Also if you look at the things below, those are the P3D sceneries.  If I scroll down that, ORBX Vector stuff is there.  But my Pilots Mesh isn't there and the MYTraffic (should be above Global Vehicles) isn't there. So its not picking up a lot of things that I can see in my scenery library.

Another "clue" ... my RTMM locations, Pilots, MyTraffic ... are all "grayed out" and I cannot check or uncheck them or move them around. This makes me wonder if Sue has a point, maybe Lorby is putting them in a different way somehow.

What doesn't make sense to me on the Scenery Library are why some things are "grayed" out so you can't do anything with them. Also NONE of those that are "grayed out" are showing up in the FTX Central list. MyTraffic, Fairbanks X, Tongass X, etc.

Maybe I should uninstall LORBY and see what happens (oh me!!! :-)

Appreciate you folks looking over my shoulder.

PS: my sim (V4) has never run smoother or better ... it literally is perfect. So everything is working splendidly, and when the library gets screwed up, I can quickly "restore" one that was working previously and then everything is OK. I probably should just leave it alone and live with it ... but now I'm curious. :-)

DIETER ... do you think LORBY is using the xml addition?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 08:17:07 AM »
Do you think those "greyed-out" ones have been marked as "Required" scenery?  Just a thought.   :o

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dieter

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 08:21:35 AM »
FTXCentral only reads contents of scenery.cfg.
You might use LORBY organizer to set these gray ones back to scenery.cfg ==Edit scenery ==> Move to scenery.cfg => submit and save
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:23:24 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 08:24:26 AM »
I don't know, Jeff.  I sure didn't "mark" them.  I've started a topic at AVSIM under Lorby.  I'm also seeing what they are seeing there ... some random shifts of order of things.  So I'm asking out to uninstall. There is an uninstall program, but if I run it will I suddenly find myself running FS2004! :-)  I'm betting it will leave the scenery.cfg and prepar3d.cfg alone ... but it also might make me have to start all over.  Waiting for an answer there. (I'm now betting this is an xml addition problem).

DIETER: OK, let me give that a try. I'll try now and let you know.