Author Topic: Search function question  (Read 4173 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Search function question
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
I've been meaning to ask this question for lo these many years but it always seems to slip my mind after reading the great posts people leave on the site.
unless your in the 'forum' section there is no way to search for something.
Is it possible to include a search button in the scenery section so you don't have to return to 'forums' to search for scenery your interested in?
I have resorted to making a shortcut to the BWEP page as I can never fig. out how to bring it up without jumping through hoops like a trained dolphin.   
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Search function question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:55:04 PM »
Use the Search/magnifying glass button that's already at the top of the scenery page. You can find anything you want by using it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:56:47 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »
... and there is something else I've been experimenting with. Go to the bottom of the HOME page and you'll see a search box there. I'm finding it does a pretty good job for the site.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 04:53:57 PM »
... and there is something else I've been experimenting with. Go to the bottom of the HOME page and you'll see a search box there. I'm finding it does a pretty good job for the site.

Doug

Both methods, Home page search box and magnifying glass are OK but still round about IMO.  I'd like to suggest placing a button for the BWEP page in the Misty's Place page like Alaska Power Project has.  This takes you directly to the APP page no fuss, muss or spilled soup!
Checking BWEP or APP Scenery files requires multiple visits to these pages and being basically lazy and having a "clickin' finger" overactive just adds to the workload.  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:44:45 PM »
I'm also looking into completely revamping the main menu at the top of the page, with sub-menus.  I think that would cut down on clicks as well.   I just need to figure out the best way to do it and what's "most important" and should be in the menu.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:58:38 PM by Dan »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 01:07:51 AM »
Dan,
thanks for taking time to re-work the site.  Over the years it's grown and becoming difficult to keep track of what's where.  Looking froward to seeing your results when finished.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »
 8) Have you noticed the BWEP picture on the right of the home page Spud? The one that takes you directly to the BWEP page if you click on it ?
 LOL
 Sue

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
8) Have you noticed the BWEP picture on the right of the home page Spud? The one that takes you directly to the BWEP page if you click on it ?
 LOL
 Sue

Sue,
actually I had not noticed that link.  My desktop shortcut to RTMM is directly to the forums page so I rarely look at the Home page.  Being basically lazy I mostly use the Misty's Place button to navigate around the site.
Thanks for that tip and with a bookmark to BWEP and APP in my browser I can still be lazy.
 8)
Later,

Spud