Author Topic: RTMM - Remote Start-up Scenarios - Beta  (Read 5777 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
RTMM - Remote Start-up Scenarios - Beta
« on: October 14, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »
Many times, especially at the end of a day, it's fun to fly FROM one of the outlying locations back to Misty's Place, landing at sunset or dark. Kind of the end of a work day.  I have many of these remote locations already as scenarios in my sim.

I'm re-flying all of the routes, tweaking them as I go and adding altitude and T.O/Landing indications (L=Land W=Water). As I'm doing these, for myself, I'm making start up scenarios for each of the remote locations.

I'm not sure if others would want them or use them, so I'm asking here.  Also, I fly with the Aerosoft Beaver ... these are set up with that aircraft model. I'm wondering what happens if YOU DO NOT have the Aerosoft Beaver and try to load one of these. There is no "standard" float plane for the sims, so I'm not sure what will happen. Anyone that DOES NOT have the AEROSOFT BEAVER AMPHIBIAN and has the USFS cabins from RTMM loaded, let me know what you see. (Put on your life jacket, you may end up in a sinking F35!)

Put the contents of the attached zip into your folder where you have the start up scenarios and give it a try. I'd like to know what happens. (For P3D V4, the folder is "Prep3D V4 Files"). The attached pic is what it looks like with the Misty Amphibian.

Doug
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:36:39 PM by Doug »

Doug

Re: RTMM Remote Start-up Scenarios - Beta
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:03:54 PM »
Well, I deleted my Aerosoft Beaver (Misty), loaded the "Scenario" for Beaver Camp ... and I got the error below ... this is for P3D V4 ... so I don't know what the error looks like in P3D or FSX. However, when you click on the OK button, it just takes you to the "Select Aircraft" screen and you can pick the plane of your choice.  The sim works fine from there forward ... just a different plane from the Misty Amphibian. So I think on each of these, I need to add an "L" or "W" to warn a person of the medium the aircraft will start upon. (This way you will pick a float if you are in "W" or Water.

Doug

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:01:35 PM by Doug »

Doug

Re: RTMM - Remote Start-up Scenarios - Beta
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 09:05:31 PM »
Again, if anyone has any interest, I've placed a beta for this on the bottom of the Scenery page in the "Beta" area. You can download the zip from there. There is a README in it that explains the process. If you decide to try this, please go over the readme carefully.  And remember, being beta, when a new zip is put up, with new scenarios in it, please REMOVE scenarios you've put in earlier before adding the new ones. The README explains this.

This kind of flying is more "VFR" and frankly, more bush orientated. You know where you are heading and you are making the decisions of how to get there.

Doug

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »
Got it Doug.. Got the file and will play.. Thanks for sharing your runs.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 10:28:06 AM »
Well these won't be for everybody, but it is yet "another" way to enjoy RTMM. I find I would rather fly FROM these locations than "to" them. And part of it is because you don't have the flight plan, you have to dodge the mountains and figure out how to get back.  We'll see if others can use it.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:08 PM »
I have now added ALL RTMM locations, including the Hydro Plants (both a dock and a reservoir for most of them). Be sure to read the "readme" that comes in the zip.

If you don't have the Misty Beaver, you'll get an message that it cannot be found, just hit the OK button. The sim loads the location, but no airplane. Once there, select your favorite plane and enjoy.

Doug