Author Topic: RTMM Libraries and Sceneries  (Read 4147 times)

rgerdes

RTMM Libraries and Sceneries
« on: September 15, 2017, 09:00:39 PM »
I just figured out how to use the Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4 and added all of the RTMM libraries and a bunch of sceneries. Seems to have worked  ;D
Bob

Hans

Re: RTMM Libraries and Sceneries
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 12:32:28 PM »
Hi Bob,
Is it possible to give some step by step guidance what you did? "Seems to have worked" you wrote. But did it actually work for you?
In my case it became a mess with double entries because I also had been using SCE 1.9 like in FSX. So I unstalled P3Dv4.1 and started all over again wondering what add on organizer to use Scenery config Editor or the Lorby-Si.
Hans

Dieter

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 01:45:54 PM »
(For me no question) I prefer the "Lorby Prepar3D V4 Addon Organizer". (It's for v3 and v4 and will be updated permanently)
Everything works perfect without any problem.
There's a documentation/manual on the "Lorby" Homepage:
https://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html
scroll down and you will see "p3dv4_addonorganizer_documentation.pdf"
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

rgerdes

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 10:34:14 PM »
Hi Hans,
Dieter beat me to it - I have never used SCE, so probably why I didn't have any problems - read the Lorby manual carefully before starting.
Unfortunately I had a ssd crash and had to replace everything - haven't gotten around to p3d 4.1 yet but will use the Lorby system again.

Bob

Hans

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:42:14 PM »
Hi Dieter, Bob,
Thanks for you replies.
I found a lot of usefull info here: http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=3619.new;topicseen#new

Hans

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 09:25:18 AM »
I ran into a problem with LORBY, easily solved. I put everything in with Addon Manager (and that is a slick way to do things!). But when I went to FTX Central, all of the 3rd party location additions were not there (RTMM). So There was no way for me to make an "insertion point" using FTX Central. If you don't have the insertion point saved in FTX Central, when you install a new ORBX item, it decides your insertion point is at the BOTTOM of you scenery library.

I solved this by going to each scenery location ... in Addon Manager ... and clicking on the button to "move to Scenery.cfg" ... when I did this, FTX Central "saw" all of the entries, and I could place the insertion point for FTX and ORBX LC correctly. All working great. (Thanks to Dieter).

Doug/RTMM

rgerdes

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 12:01:12 AM »
Hi Doug,
Tried your "move to scenery.cfg" solution
Problem is you're no longer using the xml method
So with the xml method the insertion point will be a problem I guess
Bob

Dieter

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 04:07:14 AM »
"""So with the xml method the insertion point will be a problem I guess
Bob"""

That's true. Therefore I switched from LM proposed "xml method" to former "scenery.cfg" method.
The problem occurs because many addon designer companies don't follow LM rules, including Orbx.
At this stage FTXCentral only reads those sceneries which are integrated in the scenery library.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals