Author Topic: Hawaii waypoints question  (Read 2386 times)

geezer

Hawaii waypoints question
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:13:13 PM »
I have all the requirements for adding the entire Hawaii program and doing some flying there.  It looks very nice but I'm confused about going from here to there.  There aren't any flight plans.  There aren't any afcads for PoI.  There's no csv file.  There are waypoints that somehow need to be entered one by one into a GPS.  I looked at the instructions and did not understand what to do.  I've used a GPS only for following a flight plan that was installed by the FSX program.  Even if I figured out how to install waypoints into a GPS, it looks like a pain in the arse to do that every time.  So I'm wondering if there's some simple method to do this that I don't know about.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Hawaii waypoints question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 09:30:30 PM »
Correct. :-)  No flight plans, but everything you need is there. Look at the "Master Map" and you'll see all of the locations listed. Let's say you want to fly to Lona Harbor, you use your GPS and put the waypoint for Lona Harbor (example HI002 for Lona Harbor) ... the GPS will point you right at it.  Unlike flying Misty, you don't have to be dodging mountains, (unless you take a shortcut over one of the islands), and flying valleys ... most of this is a straight shot over water or following a coastline to a destination. Also, almost all of the destinations are on the coast, I've put very little into the "interior" so as not to interfere with anything somebody else does with Hawaii.  But keep in mind, if you are flying over an island ... watch your altitude .. Hawaii is 13,000 feet!

All of the lighthouses and lights are now in the scenery too, those are fun to go and find and I've tried to make them as close to the real thing as I can with limited objects.

Keep me posted.

Doug

geezer

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 11:13:41 PM »
Hi Doug, I hope you're getting squared away after the hurricane.  lol I was hoping for an easy method that I didn't know about but it's not to be.  So I think the best way for me to do this is make an FSDiscover PoI file for all the waypoints, one island at a time and then use the program to make FSD flight plans.  There's a tremendous amount of content along with the photoreal scenery and it looks like a fun time.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 09:25:53 AM »
Well Doug you may recall but I built and ran a complete tour of Doug's Hawaii at Alaska Adventures before the summer. From scenery testing of the EFMM locations to the finished trip and tour which included all of Doug's way-points so all the ways and POI are in this excursion and built into the flight plans.

I have some heavy duty flight plans for Doug's Hawaii (EFMM) and all the way-points outlined/documented oand ordered as seen in the trip. These are 20 scenic flight legs which were all tested as Doug built the scenery locations and way-points. I built and ran the VA tour at Alaska Adventures VA this spring as a getaway tour and it covered all of the HI islands with multiple stop-overs in the legs which featured all of the points in Doug's Hawaii (EFMM).

You are most welcome to try my AKA-EFMM tour package if you want to give them a try since the work to put it all together is already done and no problem at all. (all the flight plans are in standard .pln format).

Now the zip file for all the plans and documentation exceeds the size I am permitted to upload but just shoot me an email and I will zip it back to you.

(Doug will also send you this package in case you might want to make it available with your EFMM page.

Norm
(norm_richards@hotmail.com)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:34:54 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 10:02:35 AM »
Well Doug you may recall but I built and ran a complete tour of Doug's Hawaii at Alaska Adventures before the summer. From scenery testing of the EFMM locations to the finished trip and tour which included all of Doug's way-points so all the ways and POI are in this excursion and built into the flight plans.

I have some heavy duty flight plans for Doug's Hawaii (EFMM) and all the way-points outlined/documented oand ordered as seen in the trip. These are 20 scenic flight legs which were all tested as Doug built the scenery locations and way-points. I built and ran the VA tour at Alaska Adventures VA this spring as a getaway tour and it covered all of the HI islands with multiple stop-overs in the legs which featured all of the points in Doug's Hawaii (EFMM).

You are most welcome to try my AKA-EFMM tour package if you want to give them a try since the work to put it all together is already done and no problem at all. (all the flight plans are in standard .pln format). Load them up and follow the route to all of the POI.

Now the zip file for all the plans and documentation exceeds the size I am permitted to upload but just shoot me an email and I will reply back with the zip attached.

(Doug will also send you this zip package in case you might want to make it available with your EFMM page.)

Norm

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 06:34:13 AM by nbrich1 »

Doug

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 10:09:56 AM »
Norm sent me the Flight Plans he meticulously made for the Hawaii points of interest. They are now in a zip file for you that includes documentation, installation and the files you will need. You can find them on the EFMM (Escape from Misty Moorings-Hawaii) page. They are in the installation table. You can also click on Norm's "readme" there to see it before you download the package.

THANK YOU NORM!!!!

Doug
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:23:38 AM by Doug »

geezer

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 01:32:21 PM »
Wow Norm, thank you very much.  And Doug thank you for posting.

Doug

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 01:58:24 PM »
Shame on me for not posting that, Norm had done all that work and I didn't get it up there.

Doug

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
All good Doug.. A very fun and scenic trip of the Islands for sure- but Geezer (et all) will need an amphibian to fly the legs as there are many water landings at Doug's POI locations. (Just refer to the tour doc for stops along the flight legs. (One of our painters made a special AKA Aloha Livery - C185F Amphibian (Model by Carenado) for this excursion. (It was in the original tour download but I took it out of this zip to save 16 meg of space!!) but for this type of flying, alike bush flying where we usually fly (up here in the RTMM areas), the C185 is a great little plane as is the Beaver and Otter.

Norm