Author Topic: Traitor Cove Cabin  (Read 131 times)

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • View Profile
    • Airwego VA
Traitor Cove Cabin
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:58:33 AM »
I took a trip to Traitor Cove Cabin yesterday from Misty's and despite having the required scenery's installed (ORBX, PF and Missing Cabins) I couldn't find it once I landed?

I did find a small beach with a footpath leading away (highlighted by the banana) that may led to the cabin but I wasn't really equipped to make the hike.

Any ideas where within the cove the cabin might be?

Thank you.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
Re: Traitor Cove Cabin
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:36:59 PM »
      I've found Traitor's Cove and the Margaret Creek wildlife viewing area. (in Google Maps, that is.)  Now I am going there in P3dv4, typing as I investigate, my sim has just loaded into the Margaret Creek location. ;)   Looks like a dock and building and stuff over there.

Margaret Creek Wildlife Observatory trailhead and dock.  LAT: N55* 42.09'  LON: W131* 38.22'  ;)

Moving on, ... taking off and flying the area to look for a "cabin" at the marked location.  Stand by ... umm, the Margaret Creek WO is where the banana is at.  ??? ;)

Approximation of your screenshot, showing the MCWO and dock. (not really visible in my shot, but is there.) ;)

No cabin however.  Is this a flight we have?  I am not familiar with it.  The only reference to it on
the site is this post.   ???

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:31:29 PM by jeff3163 »

:P Win10Pro64, P3Dv4 ;) , AMD Ryzen7 1800X@4.0 GHz ;) , 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti ;) , 1T/1T SSD's for Sims/OS, 3x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • View Profile
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:45:20 AM »
Jeff

Thanks for investigating.

Your screenshot shows the beach I found but I need the additional scenery which you have installed.  I checked the Scenery page for "Margaret Creek Wildlife Observatory" and couldn't find it?  Is it part of differently named package?

There is a flight-plan in the current RTMM Flightplans package called "To  Traitors Cove Cabin RTMM from Misty's Place" which is the one I followed.

Again...thank you for your help.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
I got the name of the place from Google Earth VR.  I went there and saw what was there.  I don't know what software it is.  Sorry, I don't have IS3 in P3dv4.  yet.

:P Win10Pro64, P3Dv4 ;) , AMD Ryzen7 1800X@4.0 GHz ;) , 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti ;) , 1T/1T SSD's for Sims/OS, 3x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals