Author Topic: Praise...  (Read 2528 times)

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
Praise...
« on: September 07, 2017, 04:06:38 AM »
I have been involved with organisations, mainly VA's, supporting this great hobby since 1999.

My primary motivation has always been to share the enthusiasm I have for flight simulation with others in the hope they develop their own interest while extending their knowledge because as we all know you never stop learning about the many aspects of our pastime.

The knowledge gathering can take many forms from learning about a particular procedure, finding the solution to a software problem or simply exploring a part of the globe that you might not be able to visit in the "real world".

One huge benefit of dedicating time to running a VA and building a crew base is getting to know the people who sign up.  You chat to them across forums, social media and maybe even fly together online.  This helps to develop a sense of community within a VA so they not only fly with you because of your schedules or livery but also because they feel part of the "gang".

Now as many of you will know developing anything at all that enriches Flight Simulation takes a lot of time, energy and no shortage of dedication.  In my experience, but not always, it often goes without recognition from those who benefit from your hard work but then as I said above I don't run a VA for a "pat on the back".

What helps enormously in any activity supporting Flight Simulation is having a team around you that share your enthusiasm and general approach to the hobby.  If simply want to run a VA so you claim a "management title" then move on.  The VA I run has a fantastic team.  We are spread across the globe from Australia to the southern US States with a fifty year age range thrown in.  Individually we all have our skills and strengths that complement each other.  Over the top of that I can confidently say we all get along fantastically.

When I visit MM I can see that many hours have been expended developing the various areas of the website.  The attention to detail is incredible and clearly there is a great bunch of people keeping things moving.

Importantly MM is very accessible. 

First time visitor...well we will show you step by step what you need to get flying. 

Want to immerse yourself a little deeper...no problem...it is all there.

Got a query..visit the forum and you will get a reply quickly and one that is helpful.

It really is one of my favourite Flight Simulation websites and a true "gem".

So this is me saying a big thank you to everyone who uses their own time to develop Misty Moorings.  I truly appreciate your efforts look forward to spending many hours in my Beaver exploring this amazing part of the virtual world!

:)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Praise...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:37:42 AM »
 8) 8) 8)  Thanks.  It's always nice to get feedback about how we are perceived by the community.   8) 8) 8)
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) :) :) :) ;) ;D :D :) :) :) 8) 8) :o ;D :D :) :) ::) ;D ;) 8) ::) :P :) :D ::) 8) :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 11:34:44 AM »
And that's exactly why we do this. Very much appreciate your support and comments.

Thank  you,

Brad

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »
Another happy user!   Thanks for the recognition!   When are users are happy, we are happy!

Rod

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 02:42:15 PM »
Cheers!

It's all about having fun... we all love this place. Many thanks to all who use RTMM sceneries.  :)
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 09:08:04 AM »
I do have a lot of fun flying around MM.

My nine year old son, also a keen simmer, has taken a interest recently and had a go at a water landing over the weekend. 

The "sim" world now represented in P3D / FSX / XP is now more vast than ever before and while flying the "tubes" is very enjoyable sometimes it is nice just to explore a region at 110kts and 1000ft!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 08:29:45 PM »
... or 85 knots and a couple hundred feet up.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Rainecallen

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 04:02:24 AM »
That's very kind of you. I'm sure words like this are uplifting and motivating.