Author Topic: Global Vector  (Read 5642 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Global Vector
« on: September 03, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »
Question on Vector with P3D V4

I've run the elevation configuration tool. And airports like KSEA are now in the "enabled" column. But KSEA is all peaks and valleys meaning something is wrong.  Same problem with KWVL (Waterville Maine - pictured below). Enabled/applied or disabled/applied, no changes. Any ideas?

My account bringing up P3DV4 says Vector is up to date, but I notice on the configuration tool, it only says P3D V3?? 

Doug
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:06:05 PM by Doug »

Penzoil3

Re: Global Vector
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »
 8)
 Are you running the configuration tool from the FTX Central window ? (click on Vector, click on control panel) And of course after running the auto config, are you clicking apply ? Mine is Vector 1.52, and says P3D 4.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 04:45:20 PM »
Hi Doug,

I just installed Pilots, the Global products & freeware NA Airports.  See my pic of KWVL below.....

Assume you have same products I do but using P3Dv4. (I am using v3).    Your pic doesn't look much like mine below....

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »
Hi Doug,

Forgot to say.... that this airport is disabled in my AEC but I have it installed in the  Pilot's AFM tool .  Also looks like you don't have ORBX Freeware NA Airports active...

Rod
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:03:32 PM by stiletto2 »

Doug

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
I've got 1.52, but I was looking at the dropdown, and there's nothing there but P3D V3. Doubt that is the problem, must be in the library somewhere.  I've worked with Vector a lot, with BWEP, I have to disable a lot of things, have made lists of them for folks, etc. Just can't get this one to "respond."  I am hitting the apply button (which is easy to forget).

Doug

Doug

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 08:00:20 PM »
Lookie at what I found ... on the ORBX forum, notice ... this one is for V4, look at mine, it is for V3.  Yet when I check with FTX Central, it says it is "updated".  Aha ... the plot thickens!

Uninstalled Vector, am reinstalling, making sure to press the V4 option to download it from FTX Central ...

Update: Well, I uninstalled the old vector, and made sure I installed the "new" one. And in the configuration for elevation, it STILL SAYS P3D V3.  Off to the the Vector Support forum.

Doug
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:57:59 PM by Doug »

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 03:59:18 AM »
Hi Doug look at your registry if is correct entry for V4

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Doug

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 12:02:52 PM »
OK, Problem solved!  When the new vector was put in, it did not make a NEW icon for the Configuration Tool. So on my desktop, the OLD shortcut icon was there from them, and it was pointing to my P3D V3 version. The new installation did not make a new shortcut icon. So I took out the old icon, and put in a new one that points to the V4 version of Vector.

Whew ... so simple.

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 01:18:38 PM »
Interesting, I access the Vector config tool from inside FTX Central 3.  Why would you have a shortcut outside of FTX Central?

Rod

Doug

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
I don't remember putting it there, I thought this came with an earlier installation of FTX Central. Anyway, that was the problem. Nick asked me to go to the actual folder where it was and try to start it ... it worked ... and that's when I realized the shortcut was pointing to the wrong place.

Works now.

So only IS3 (if they ever get around to a 64 bit program base) and VFR-Flight and it will be working as before, only better.

Doug

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 03:12:13 PM »
Vector ver 1.52 installed an icon for a shortcut to vector on my system.  I don't need to open FTX Central.

Doug

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 03:24:58 PM »
Yep, that's what happened to me. And I was using P3D V3.  So that icon it put there was pointing at V3. Since it put the icon there last time, I assumed this was a new icon with the new install. And whe PNW I clicked in it, off to V3 I went. Should have killed the shortcuts. Easy mistake to make as one is coming over from V3 to V4. Got to remember to kill that V3 shortcut, V4 isn't making a new one.

Penzoil3

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »
8)
 Are you running the configuration tool from the FTX Central window ? (click on Vector, click on control panel) And of course after running the auto config, are you clicking apply ? Mine is Vector 1.52, and says P3D 4.
As I said "are you running the app from the FTX Central Window." Sheesh.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 11:10:11 PM »
Yep! Don't want to run the config with a shortcut.   FTX Central could update Vector and the next thing you know you are running a shortcut that goes to the wrong place again.

Rod

Doug

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 11:16:48 AM »
Kind of aggravating.  The shortcut was put there by the ORBX installation of the previous FTX Central.  I've used that shortcut a hundred times ... getting BEWP and HAWAII "disabled", etc. So it was a "go to" for the Configuration Tool. Airport of of whack? Hit the Vector Config shortcut and fix it. Automatic.  I had never used the shortcut inside FTX Central, frankly didn't even know it was there.  So when I re-installed the new FTX-Central, I figured they put the shortcut icon back for it like it was before. So when I went to change Vector this time, I went to the shortcut as I have since FTX Central came out.  They should not have installed a shortcut for it in the previous issue, that would have made people go "inside" for the link. Oh well, its done and its fixed.