Author Topic: Tongass X Install in P3D V4?  (Read 3017 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Tongass X Install in P3D V4?
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:54:19 PM »
Hi ... got P3D-V4 running successfully, the only thing left to do is get Tongass X in there. Of course, I tried copying the scenery across ... and got the usual ocean full of trees. I've now located the terrain.cfg ... PROGRAM DATA / Lockheed Martin / Prepar3D V4 (why can't they put these damned things in a central place?).

Now adding Holger's "40 terrain entries" into the terrain.cfg. (we'll see what happens)

Doug
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:58:37 PM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Tongass X Install in P3D V4?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
Doug,

Are you using the info from our Beta P3Dv4 FAQ page....there is a link to Poppet's detailed instructions on installing TFX. 

Rod

bt103504

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »
I can attest to using Poppet's guide to install TFX into P3DV4, it worked like a charm. If you are also using orbx scenery be sure to run your vector config as well that will help.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 03:20:19 PM »
Yes ... that is the best one for sure.  I got Tongass X installed properly. I made a "table" on how I did it on the new P3D -V4 page (now operational). I didn't have any TFX AI planes (hmmm?) so I didn't use Rod's Utility (which is linked in this table for those who need it). I also kept a "log" on how I moved from P3D 3 to P3D 4 ... each step of the way. Mine may be a little different from the next person, but I wish I would have had this before I began, I'd have understood better what I was doing.

Of course, I'm not done yet, Lots of tweaking, etc, and probably more things to add.  I'd like to get that fix for the Aerosoft Beaver and put it in a table at this new page, that's one folks will use often I'm sure.

Doug

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »
Hmmm Doug, No TFX AI Planes? Sounds like something is missing in the install: 

You should have the Ai planes in Simobjects\airplanes:

AI_DeHavilland_Dash_7_Cargo_TFX
AI_Floatplane_DHC-2_Beaver_TFX
AI_Floatplane_DHC-3_Otter_TFX
AI_Floatplane_DHC-3_Turbine_Otter_TFX
AI_Floatplane_DHC-6_Twin_Otter_TFX

and an AI helicopter in simobject\rotorcraft >> AI_Rotorcraft_Bell_206L_TFX

The traffic.bgl files for all of this AI traffic are in the Tongass Scenery folder: Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority
------------------

Rod's v.1.1 Tongass AI model fixes replace the originals of these models to make them compatible in P3Dv4.

Might want to give Tongass another install to a dummy FSX directory and see if they are created there. If so, do Rods fix there and just move those folders/traffic files over to where you have them setup for P3Dv4.

Norm

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^