Author Topic: P3D v4 CTD in Tongass Fjords X  (Read 13521 times)

poppet

Re: P3D v4 CTD in Tongass Fjords X
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »
Hello Rod

Great,  Thank you.  I have it up now let me know if you would like to change anything

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491556-installing-tongass-fjords-x-prepar3d-v3-v4/
Elaine Dixon

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 03:55:19 PM »
Hi Elaine,

It looks good to me.

Rod

poppet

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 09:05:22 AM »
Hello

Off Topic............

I didn't want to create another Tongass Fjords topic as there are a couple on the go already so I thought I would ask my question here,  If that's ok

I haven't Installed Tongass in over a year so I got it up and running last night,  The last time I Installed it I used my own guide by copying and pasting the required files over and manually editing the terrain.cfg file.  This works of course but I could never get the Tongass Control Panel to work correctly so I just left it,  It was only a small thing but still it would of been nice to have it back then

Last night I popped a FSX key into the registry editor and moved my terrain.cfg file into my core Prepar3D v4 folder.  I then ran the Tongass Installer and now the default Install path was my Prepar3D v4 folder.  It Installed all the files into the correct folders for me and my terrain.cfg file was good as well,  So i moved this file back again to ProgramData,  Launched Prepar3D and added my Scenery in manually, I like to do this manually.  Launched and tested and all was good

I noticed now my Tongass control panel is now working as it does in FSX,  It needs to see that FSX key to launch and work correctly.

I confirmed it worked by launching the Control Panel and Un-ticking the option for Static boats in Sitka it moved the .BGL file in question from the Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority folder and popped it in the FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Cache folder.   I confirmed it in the sim as well

So i guess my question is.......

Do you guys use the Tongass Control Panel for Prepar3D, And If so how are you's using it,  through manipulating registry keys from FSX ?  Or do you's have a different way ?  Or does it just work for you by default ?

Thank you
Elaine Dixon

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 09:42:15 AM »
Hi Elaine, I have access to the Tongass Fjords control panel.  I went to:
Prepar3d v4\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords and execute the file: TongassFjords FSX and the control panel
operates.  I assume that FSX is still in my registry from the times that I use to spoof FSX installers.

xxd09

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »
Hi Poppet
Tongass installed as per your tutorial
I noticed that that the Control Panel appeared during FS AddOn Tongass Installation into P3Dv4.1
All the categories I wanted were ticked
I closed it
All AI planes operate-boats as well
I presume it operated by default
xxd09

xxd09

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »
Hi
Retrieved Tongass Control panel via dexthom method  in P3Dv4.1
Removed Cruise Liner at Sitka Harbour “ Vandeem “via Control Panel
Boat now not present in Sitka Harbour
Retrieved Control Panel again and “ticked” Vandeem box
The boat has now reappeared at Sitka Harbour
xxd09

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 11:49:33 PM »
 I installed TFX into a clean computer that never had FSX installed.   I am unable to execute the control panel.  I did not pop the FSX Registry in though since I did not have a quick and easy way of doing it.

Rod 

Penzoil3

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 03:47:16 AM »
 8)
Try the FSX Registry Utility found at this link   https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php

xxd09

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 12:46:49 PM »
Hi
Sorry-should have mentioned that I have a functioning FSX setup on my computer
xxd09
PS I also have a functioning P3Dv3.4 setup
Loth to remove these two aforementioned flight sim setups as they all seem to interact in various ways beyond my ken with the P3Dv4 OS! Luckily I have plenty of hard discs and hard disc space.
xxd09

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 02:23:51 PM »
By the way Poppet (Elaine) ... thank you for that great installation "how to" you posted. I've linked to it in our Tongass Installation in our new "Getting Started/Installation" page. Linking to that fine body of work saved us a lot of words! Well done. Thank you.

Doug/RTMM

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 09:33:58 AM »
After you get your Tongass in P3Dv4, you can move the flights from the Cache folder to your Documents\Prepar3D v4\Files folder.  You can edit the FLT files in notepad to change the aircraft or
just start the flight and pause to change the aircraft.  You can rediscover all the scenic places in Tongass
that you have forgotten about.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:26:28 AM by dexthom »

poppet

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2017, 02:25:20 AM »
Thank you for the replies guys.

That's a great Tip Dexter i will have to try that.   

Elaine Dixon

poppet

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 02:28:06 AM »
By the way Poppet (Elaine) ... thank you for that great installation "how to" you posted. I've linked to it in our Tongass Installation in our new "Getting Started/Installation" page. Linking to that fine body of work saved us a lot of words! Well done. Thank you.

Doug/RTMM

Hello Doug

No problem at all and Thank you.    I enjoyed putting it together,  Its a really Interesting scenery package.
Elaine Dixon

DocScott

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 12:27:45 AM »
Hi to all!

Sorry for the following question,but:

Can I go to a special place in Tongass Fjords,to seethat it is installed correctly?
Is it to be seen by not seing trees where water should be.
Sorry for my english.

Regards,

Scott
I am dreaming of a visit to Alaska in winter time.
Staying with friends and enjoying nature.

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 07:29:42 AM »
The trees in the water is probably caused by a corrupt terrain config file.