Author Topic: Huston, I have a problem  (Read 3191 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Huston, I have a problem
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:27:19 PM »
Just a quick reply for now, Dr. appt. soon.  I have discovered that as I had downloaded the Nina files on the first day the site was up and I think each update as it was put on the board I had the latest and greatest but come to find out the Nina's file I had installed only had one file in the scenery folder the 01.bgl.  I downloaded both the Nina's Landing and George Inlet Cannery file and the Nina's sounds service pack and will install and check out the area once again.
This is what results with constant updates and different file names, rather than continue with the resulting confusion I suggest that until there have been at least 4 different people with different systems test new files then they remain off the download board.
K.I.S.S.
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

Re: Huston, I have a problem
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 03:38:29 PM »
I agree.  The confusion is causing frustration on both sides and is starting to spoil the enjoyment and enthusiasm.

In my view there are three issues:

1.  The update system is still confusing (for you guys as well as us in some cases, it seems).
2.  Readme instructions need to be clear and complete.
3.  There needs to be some sort of quality control before uploading.

I do understand that you guys are not professionals at this and that there are many files to control.  I don't think anybody is expecting perfection but I'd like to think the above 3 issues could be improved on.

This is a sensitive subject and yes this is criticism but hopefully it is constructive.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:06:56 PM by GrahamP »
Graham

Dexthom

Re: Huston, I have a problem
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
It appears that what works and sounds right on my machine doesn't work for everybody.  I have asked
Doug to remove the sound link for Nina's while I ponder the solution, if there is one.