Author Topic: Help installing scenery  (Read 4259 times)

flewpastu

Help installing scenery
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:20:43 PM »
I have installed all scenery's as discussed but I can only get the misty scenery's to show up with the ORBX FTX icon set to default FSX. If I switch to the ORBX North America icon and try to get them to show they will not. I assumed when you meant they were compatible with orbx I thought that meant with FTX set to North America ? Is it possible that I missed somthing.
Thanks In Advance

Bill

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
Re: Help installing scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »
Split reply off to it's own topic so it's not a reply to the sticky, and is its own thread so it can get some help from the devs. :)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 09:32:38 PM »
Bill,

Please read through your readme file for any scenery of ours and you'll find a section underneath the Installation section in the readme about "Library Placement". This will help you understand where our stuff needs to be in your FSX Scenery library order for it to show up in FSX. Especially when FTX North America is active using the FTX Central application for ORBX scenery.

Especially pay attention to the section that talks about "Library Insertion Points" and learn how to do that to get your library to be set up so that each time you switch on the ORBX scenery area of North America to "active" using the FTX Central application, our scenery files will still be at the top of the FSX library order and you'll see our stuff in the "Pacific Fjords" of ORBX as intended.

Any further questions on how to use the FTX Central application and Library Insertion points beyond what you can work with in our readme files, will need to be worked on over in the ORBX support area.

That should get you working, but if not, let us know and we can steer you in the right direction.

Brad

flewpastu

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 07:49:14 AM »
Thank you and will give it a go.

Bill