Author Topic: No Wakes  (Read 18473 times)

Teecee

Re: No Wakes
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 11:16:22 AM »
No wakes mate..I tried the new ones from Dex, still nothing.. I really do not want to do a reinstall, takes me about ten days as my sim is huge..
I am not seeing much in the way of shipping now at all, not even default ships and boats, and decided not to worry about it as nothing seems to work, and my sim is running so well at the moment I don't want to mess it up.. Thanks for the input here folks, it is much appreciated, but I have to draw a line under this before I mess my whole sim up..Teecee.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 11:45:42 AM »
     Ok, will put a pin in it for now.  ;)   Maybe they will just start working again.   :-\ ;D  No shipping traffic or AI boats is pointing to something amiss in the works, I think.  Check for fs9 traffic files that slipped in maybe?  Glad your system is working good at the moment.  Better leave well enough alone for now.  Happy flying ...  :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Teecee

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 12:15:04 PM »
No go with the wakes, although I am seeing all the ships, and loving that, also a tiny "prop surge" on an AI called "Virginia Bridge"
I tried Dex's files to no avail.. and I have dumped every "wake" pre 2016 in my effects folder a few minutes ago.
I was wondering, if I remove all the wakes from the effects folder, will the sim rebuild them? is this worth a try?
Teecee.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 12:44:28 PM »
I was wondering, if I remove all the wakes from the effects folder, will the sim rebuild them? is this worth a try?

NO!  They DON'T rebuild!   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Teecee

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
OK mate.. you know best..Teecee.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »
I think that if he had an fs9 slipped in there he wouldn't get any AI traffic at all...not just no wakes. Something else is afoot, Watson.

jsapair
Jsapair

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 03:31:06 PM »
Tongass FS9 Aircraft causes the P3Dv4 surf at Sitka and other places to be vertical instead of the normal horizontal.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 05:57:08 PM »
Dex,

I haven't moved over to v4 yet, but I will eventually I'm sure.

Would you please share some images of what you're seeing so we can have that for others to use as a comparison? So we can see what it looks like with what you're seeing?

Thank you sir,

Brad

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 06:46:39 PM »
Since I don't have the problem, there's no images to capture.  Normal surf is horizontal, if you have the problem, the surf will be vertical.  You will know for sure.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 08:59:53 PM »
 ;)  They look like lawn sprinklers.  Someone is watering the beaches.   :o :P ::) ;D

FYI- The angle effect is also visible on the Deltasim Daisy yacht default wake effect (fx_wake_daisy.fx).  It is tilted at a 45* angle, but still laying on the water.  It is like a "rooster tail".  I changed it to the "fx_McCoy_Water_MAX.fx" in its aircraft.cfg file.  The wake looks much better now.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:50:03 AM by jeff3163 »

Teecee

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 01:19:26 PM »
Sorry to raise this thread from it's sleep, but there has been a bit of a change..I ran a repair on my Prepar3d v3.4 and lo and behold my little boats have wakes, so I decided to run the shipping installer in the hope of finally getting my ships back..To no avail.. not only no wakes but no ships.. I removed the RTMM shipping files and ran the installer again.. still no ships, not even the Bonzai, the Orbx Cruise ship remains in place.. I DL the latest shipping installer. Any suggestions? Teecee.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
Sorry to raise this thread from it's sleep, but there has been a bit of a change..I ran a repair on my Prepar3d v3.4 and lo and behold my little boats have wakes, so I decided to run the shipping installer in the hope of finally getting my ships back..To no avail.. not only no wakes but no ships.. I removed the RTMM shipping files and ran the installer again.. still no ships, not even the Bonzai, the Orbx Cruise ship remains in place.. I DL the latest shipping installer. Any suggestions? Teecee.

Hi Teecee,

A couple of quick checks that have tripped up other users:   

1. Traffic Settings in FSX or P3D for Airline Traffic Density and General Aviation Traffic Density must be at least 1% or greater and make sure Ships and Ferries is at least 10% or greater.

2.  This enhancement requires the ORBX "Pacific Northwest" region, the ORBX "Pacific Fjords" region, the ORBX "Southern Alaska" region and the  FSAddon "Tongass Fjords X" region.   

Rod

Teecee

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »
Thanks Rod..I removed all my Alaska shipping, as I was seeing none anyway, and ran the installer again..Got the Bonzai and the cruise ship and guess what? THEY GOT WAKES ;D ;D ;D. only problem I see in that the Orbx ship is still there so the Bonsai comes out from underneath it, but hey, I got ships, and I am extremely happy with that. Teecee.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 04:00:42 PM »
Thanks Rod..I removed all my Alaska shipping, as I was seeing none anyway, and ran the installer again..Got the Bonzai and the cruise ship and guess what? THEY GOT WAKES ;D ;D ;D. only problem I see in that the Orbx ship is still there so the Bonsai comes out from underneath it, but hey, I got ships, and I am extremely happy with that. Teecee.

Hi Teecee,

In the RTMM AI Shipping section of the site, there are a few NOTAMs.  NOTAM 2 mentions a fix you have to make if you use the Banzai since ORBX changed their Object Flow code sequence after V2.0 of the  Shipping Package was released.  If you didn't do that, here is the important part of the NOTAM:

So if a user Enters "1" during the RTMM AI Shipping Package installation to automatically turn off the ORBX Object Flow .xml file so the animated Banzai container ship can be seen instead of the static cruise ship, then, once the installer is finished, the user needs to go to the ". . .FSX or P3D\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\" directory and manually put an ".off" after the .xml so it looks like this:
◦"PAGY_ObjectFlow.xml.off"

If you didn't do that, the above should solve the problem.

Rod
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:02:31 PM by stiletto2 »

Teecee

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »
Thanks Rod, I missed that little gem, but as you said.. it fixed it!.. Teecee.