Author Topic: Scar Creek  (Read 2971 times)

Teecee

Scar Creek
« on: June 20, 2017, 12:03:28 PM »
Had a feeling RTMM had done this one, but I can't find it anywhere..Seems I was mistaken? Teecee
Oops.. found it, hidden in the trees, Sorry.. Strange that it did not show in the scenery list as "Scar Creek" though..
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:08:45 PM by Teecee »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Scar Creek
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:19 PM »
TeeCee ... right now it is in the beta area of the Scenery page.  If you download it, keep an eye on that date. And if there is an update, that date will change. If you re-download it because of an update BE SURE to throw out the old folder and add the all new one for Scar Creek Lodge. Sometimes during beta, we make file name changes and it can really mess you up. Don't forget too, looking for these (virtually), I have the start up positions for all RTMM scenery locations on the Here2There table. You can also look up Scar Creek Lodge on the GoTo table, there is also a link to the map there.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:02:59 PM by Doug »

Teecee

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:53:06 PM »
Thanks mate, I will keep an eye on it..Teecee.

Doug

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »
OK, Scar Creek Lodge & Airport is now "active" ... under "S" on the Scenery Page:

=========================================

Scar Creek Airport CBA7 by Doug Linn (Added 06.21.2017)

Land Start: N51 10.8660 ... W125 2.1703 ... Mag: 288
Water Start: N51 10.8856 ... W125 1.6882 ... Mag: 67
Helo Start: N51 10.8537 ... W125 2.2019 ... Mag: any
VFR Location: 33 NM Southwest of Tsuniah Lake Lodge

Wikipedia: Scar Creek Airport (TC LID: CBA7) was a small general aviation airport located near Scar Creek, British Columbia, Canada. The airport was listed as abandoned in the 15 March 2007 Canada Flight Supplement.

However, with RTMM magic, Scar Creek has been re-activated. We have re-opened the lodge and cabin areas. There is a new float plane dock (with fuel) and a 24/7 shuttle bus that can take you from the little terminal area to the lodge over the bridge. Night lighting allows you to land safely at the airport during low light/night hours.

This location is equipped with the RTMM Season Switcher so you have different things going on for each season. You can read about the Season Switcher on RTMM's FAQ page (under "S").

Flying to an from Scar Creek demonstrates one of the most beautiful areas in British Columbia. There are two flight plans for this one. The first is from Westwood Inn. This is a lengthy but BEAUTIFUL flight, staying low and slow over water, an easy flight. The second is from Tsuniah Lake Lodge is through high mountain narrow valleys. The second is a little shorter, beautiful scenery, more dangerous (see map #2). You should put in RTMM's Westwood Inn (for Route 1) and RTMM's Tsuniah Lake Lodge (Route 2) locations and activate them to make these flight plans work for you.

==============================

This one took a little more work than usual. It is a full RTMM Season Switcher, the designer actually makes "5" season locations, not just one location...but 5 of them!  So as you change seasons, you can expect season-specific objects to be in place.  The attached screenshot is the Brad's BBQ, all kinds of summer activity happening! I spent too many hours trying to get rid of the "water anomaly" that is under the cabin dock. I've flattened about 100 of these, never had a problem ... but this one just won't "take."  So I built a pier over it coming from the cabin on the point.

There are two flight plans ... Flight Plan 1, is the long way is relaxing and a lot of fun ... just beautiful scenery ... low over water. The second flight plan is a bit more "white knuckle" you have to drop down from 6000 feet to 3000 feet while flying (literally) through a canyon. This one is shorter, but it takes greater skill.

The addition of this scenery location sort of wraps up the "improvements" for this area. Now all of the airports have been "enhanced" or added. This is an excellent area to just fly "Here2There" between the various locations.  Remember one of these, Big Creek Lodge is in the ORBX NRM (Northern Rocky Mountains) area. The rest are in PFJ and PNW.  Those in this scenery set are:

1. Scar Creek Lodge CBA7
2. Chilanko River Sales & Service (Floats) PF62
3. Elkin Creek CAG4
4. Chilanko Lodge CBX3
5. Scum Lake CAW3
6. Chaunigan Lake Lodge
7. Twin Lakes Airstrip CAG4
8. Tsylos Park Lodge CAG3
9. Tsuniah Lake Lodge CAF4
10. Big Creek Lodge PF61 (Needs ORBX NRM)
11. Silt Lake Cabin

All of these are active on the Scenery page.  There are STARTING positions for all of them in the Starting Positions Table on the Here2there Page and all of them can be found in the interactive RTMM GoTo table.

NOTAM: Tatla Lake is purposely "left out". It is basically a defunct airstrip and very close to the RTMM Chilcotin Plateau Airport.

Many of the locations had an airstrip and one or two outbuildings. We used what ORBX had put in and enhanced all of them. They all have night lighting so you can fly at low light (Dusk is BEAUTIFUL in this area). Most of them you can also find by using the GoTo airport because we have only enhanced already present ICAO codes.

We hope you enjoy this new scenery set.

Doug/RTMM
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:01:38 AM by Doug »

Teecee

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 11:17:40 AM »
Thanks mate..I hope you don't think I was pressuring you.. Teecee.

Doug

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »
Heavens no. I was just hesitating putting it up because of the water anomaly. Finally gave up and hid it as well as I could. Glad it is in the bag.

D

Handie

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »
Thanks Doug, it just lacks the flight plans in the download ;)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Doug

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 02:39:58 PM »
Thank you ... they are up there now. :-)

D

xxd09

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 01:14:50 PM »
Hi Doug
Just a small thing
Orbyx PFJ is mentioned as the Orbyx region of choice for Scar Creek Lodge
Floating figures,buildings etc
Orbyx PNW did it for me
No doubt it would be safer to have both regions in play flying this area
xxd09