Author Topic: IS3 Objects Disappearing  (Read 1979 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
IS3 Objects Disappearing
« on: June 20, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »
New Thread here (previously on "Hey")

Here are screenshots of what I am seeing. This is Scar Creek Lodge with IS3 turned off and on.  Notice that I put in the yellow trees ... and they show fine, none missing. But I also put in the Hemlock groups and those go missing unless IS3 is turned ON. (So only I can see it). All of the other objects I put in especially for these seasons are all there on or off ... but those hemlock groups disappear ... but not all of them.

Notice the white building on this side of the river, you can see it well with IS3 "off" ... but notice the new trees showing up in that area when IS3 is "on".

Doug

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 11:23:42 AM by Doug »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: IS3 Objects Disappearing
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 03:57:04 PM »
Did a lot of "playing" with this phenomenon today. I'm convinced it is a bug in IS3.  When in IS3, it is picking up FULL AUTOGEN. Scenery Complexity at EXTREMLY DENSE and vegetation density on EXTREMELY DENSE. When I take a screen shot of that and compare it to what I'm seeing when IS3 is "on" they are the same.

I usually keep my autogen vegetation on VERY DENSE.  So when I come back in without IS3 "on" that's what I'm seeing. When I go to IS3, the FULL AUTOGEN is kicking in.

Also, the object groups I was putting in were the Hemlock Groups. The same as what is in the autogen to keep it all looking the same. So when the extra elements came in, they looked just like the ones I had placed.

It's not that it is such a big deal, just interesting to KNOW. I can see an advantage to this actually happening. It tells you what it looks like if someone is running full autogen so you don't place things incorrectly.

Pretty sure this is the reason.

I still cannot figure out why the "flatten" won't work with SBuilderX ... still working on that one.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:11:11 PM by Doug »