Author Topic: Incorrectly labelled cabin  (Read 3261 times)

sunjunkiesi

Incorrectly labelled cabin
« on: June 10, 2017, 06:17:39 AM »
Hi guys

I have just spend an infuriating hour trying to locate Admiralty Cabin.   I was going on the cabins list page, here, which does state that Admiralty Cove is in the "T" package, or Tongass Fjords package.  I had noticed it was one of the "missing" cabins, so I made sure my missing cabins was activated.  I only found the cabin when I activated my SAK package.  Is there someone important who can change this so some other poor soul doesn't end up flying around that cove for hours looking for it?

Cheers

Si

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Incorrectly labelled cabin
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 07:05:57 AM »
Si...thank you,I'll go after that this afternoon and see what is going on. Back to you here when it is fixed.

Doug

simurq

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »
Si,

Before Doug is back with reply, I can recommend you to try Google KMZ map for RTMM (or download directly from here) before you step into the cockpit. The map clearly shows that the Admiralty Cove Cabin is indeed within the Orbx SAK region and is part of the relevant Orbx scenery (blue cabin color. See the map legend in KMZ), almost touching the Tongass Fjords X boundary though...

Since all placemarks/locations in KMZ are based on geographic coordinates, it's less error-prone compared to a simple 'guess and fly to' approach. :)

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:44:02 AM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

Doug

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 09:37:37 AM »
Simurq has given us a great tool. I hope people are taking advantage of it. I use it to solve site otoblems like this one.  I'll get to the fix up this afternoon.

Doug

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 11:25:35 AM »
OK ... here's the story.  Before we had SAK, we put Admiralty Cove into the missing cabins, it was missing. Then SAK came along and we had two cabins at that location, so we took out the one from The Missing Cabins and SAK supplied the cabin.  I had not made that change on THE Cabins page, nor in the GoTo table. Both are now fixed.  On the GoTo table it is showing now to be a part of SAK and not Missing Cabins. On the Cabins page, it is not showing "T" for Tongass Fjords but "S" for SAK.

So I think it is all OK now. Thank you for finding that one for us Si.

Doug

sunjunkiesi

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 04:10:52 AM »
Great work Doug! And simurq, thanks for your tools, which I had downloaded and was using. If I was only clever enough to  notice that admiralty was in sak a little sooner I might have saved myself a lot of time...

I'm doing the alphabet tour, starting at Misty's place and going to each cabin/location alphabetically. Such a shame the first cabin was a disaster! I'm sure it'll get better from here in...

Doug

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 08:20:49 AM »
It's been about 7 years since I made the Cabuns page, so much has happened since. Keep me posted if you find anything else. I flew all of them in Twitch last year.

D