Author Topic: Object "shift" at Altitude  (Read 2449 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Object "shift" at Altitude
« on: June 09, 2017, 09:28:05 AM »
You have heard us discuss this phenomenon in the past. When I did Big Creek Lodge, which is at 4200 feet, the problem was very apparent. Rod Jackson made a "moving gif" for us so others can see the problem actually happening. And the phenomenon is explained in the DESIGNER'S CORNER.  At present, I'm making lists of our most used objects and making sure the ones that shift are not included in locations with altitudes over 900 feet.  But for those of you interested, check the DESIGNER'S CORNER and you can see what we are talking about.

Doug

PS: The Designer's Corner has many of our tips and tricks defined. I put it there mostly for "me" ... when we run into a problem and get a solution, I try to document it there. This helps me "remember" the solution to a problem we've encountered before. This Object Shift is just the most recent entry.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:31:32 AM by Doug »

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Re: Object "shift" at Altitude
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
Okay. I understand now :) Ohh, good old Microsoft :P
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 04:11:18 PM »
... when we run into a problem and get a solution, I try to document it there. This helps me "remember" the solution to a problem we've encountered before.

I wish Windows had something like this!  ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »
Hey Jeff, Window does have this feature in a way, only it's called "Google."  :)
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support