Author Topic: Repairing AI Airplanes and Rotorcraft that do not display correctly in P3D v4  (Read 34916 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi all,

Dex, our AI traffic guru and new owner of P3D v4, pointed out three AI models (two fixed wing and one helo) to me that do not display correctly in P3D v4 now that LM has dropped FS9 support for AI models.  Since, P3D v4 does support FSX animated AI models, I have now converted to FSX (using Arno's great MCX utility) and Dex has successfully tested the three FS9 AI flying models that did not display correctly in P3D v4.  One of the fixed wing aircraft is the DeHavilland Dash 7 Cargo AI model in TFX.  By the way, it seems almost all of the other TFX AI models work fine.

So, it seems that animation repair of FS9 AI models that don't display correctly in P3D v4 can be made though we are not able to recreate prop blur.   Loss of prop blur on an AI model is a small price to pay in order to fix missing tires or propellers/rotors that don't move at all.

This is indeed good news!

Rod

macwino

2 questions:

Exactly which AI, besides the Dash 7, don't work properly in P3D v4?

And will the corrected models be posted somewhere?

Thanks,
Robert

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Our initial TFX tests (Dex did testing) only found the Dash 7 needed reconstruction due to display problems.  We need beta testers who have P3Dv4 for additional testing of TFX to see if any other AI models don't work. I did the conversion of the Dash 7 but don't have P3Dv4 myself since I am normally a very late adopter of new P3D releases.  Therefore, I am unable to test on my own system.  That is why Dex tested it for me since he has P3Dv4.

Have you, macwino, done any testing on your system in P3Dv4 to identify TFX AI problems? 

Once we get more TFX testing done, we will figure out some type of method to provide a repaired model or models as required.

Rod

dbutterf

Our initial TFX tests (Dex did testing) only found the Dash 7 needed reconstruction due to display problems.  We need beta testers who have P3Dv4 for additional testing of TFX to see if any other AI models don't work. I did the conversion of the Dash 7 but don't have P3Dv4 myself since I am normally a very late adopter of new P3D releases.  Therefore, I am unable to test on my own system.  That is why Dex tested it for me since he has P3Dv4.

Have you, macwino, done any testing on your system in P3Dv4 to identify TFX AI problems? 

Once we get more TFX testing done, we will figure out some type of method to provide a repaired model or models as required.

Rod

Rod,

I have p3D v4 installed and would not mind doing some testing.

I don't have a lot of time but will do what I can.

Just let me know what is required.

I have Misty's Place installed and not much else at the moment. Let me know what is required and I'll give
it a go.

Dayle
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi Dayle,

Thanks for the offer but will probably hold for a bit until more data comes in.   Dex has only had a display problem with the Dash 7.  He has not seen any CTD examples when zooming in on and watching FS9 AI floats in TFX.  Dex is our guru in AI.  Isolating AI and analyzing properly takes experience and it will take a bit more time before we are ready to release anything. 

Stay tuned.

Rod

macwino

Thanks for the prompt reply. No, I've not done any testing. Indeed, I don't even know how to find the planes in the sim. But once the mods are made, I'd be happy to test them if you can let me know where to find them.

Robert

gavinc

Hi,
I've been working with some folks over at AIG to convert FS9 models to FSX native formats. Be happy to work with you on converting the TFX models to FSX native format.

Thanks
Gavin

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
I could be wrong, but the issue is that the TFX models were working in FSX but now aren't working in P3DV4. So it isn't simply a matter of converting FS9 AI models to FSX format.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi Gavin,

Steve is correct in that this conversion specifically concerns converting animated models with moving props etc. as opposed to static models  In case animation conversion is where your experience lies, I sent you a PM where we could discuss in further detail.

Thanks for your interest.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi all,

As several have reported, there are 4 models in Tongass Fjords X that needed conversion to function properly in P3Dv4.  They are the two DHC-3s, the DHC-6  and the Dash 7 models.  At first I thought, we could not get the prop blur discs isolated from the FS8 & 9 models to gives us some blur on the turning props, but Gavin (his offer to help post is a bit above in this thread) sent me a draft document he was working on to guide a developer on converting AI models from FS9 to FSX or P3D native format.  It included instruction on how to extract the blur discs assuming that one is familiar with Arno's excellent MCX tool.  In addition, a high end paint program, RADitor and a tool like DXTBmp were also required.  I am happy to say that, with Dex spending a lot of time testing in a P3Dv4 environment, all 4 AI models have been successfully converted to be FSX models which function perfectly in P3Dv4.   We are in the final phase now of fine tuning the models a bit, preparing a small distribution package (FSAddon has already approved) and testing the installation of the package for final release to Doug for posting.   

I am hoping we are able to have the conversion package ready within this coming week or so.

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Rod,

That's great news to hear and thanks to your efforts and help from Gavin, Tongass Fjords will continue to deliver a great scenery experience in P3D v4 for years to come.

Nice to hear you discussing the painstaking process and it's complexity in person at lunch today. I hope we can get together again soon. Maybe we could try to have an annual RTMM get together? I'd be happy to to do that.

Brad

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Hi bradallen your Photobucket is full and in your topic not display screen

go here, is unlimited : http://www.fsfiles.org/  it's OZx hosting screen .

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
I've noticed the same PhotoBucket messages on other internet forums, so it isn't anything unique to Brad. Looks like a PhotoBucket issue.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi all,

TFX AI Model package is in final Beta.   See below for pics taken by Dex in P3Dv4 of each model in action.

Rod

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Hello
With screen for anyone you proof that are totaly functional   ;)

nice event , where to download ?

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]