Author Topic: Three beautiful cabins  (Read 7609 times)

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
Re: Three beautiful cabins
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 09:01:21 PM »
Hi guys,

If somebody is interested in doing side projects out of the usual RTMM territories and for everyone to enjoy, why not showcase and introduce objects and/or augment structures (whether real or fictional) among the famous national parks or landmarks in the US and Canada like Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Banff, etc. ? Imagine the awesome aerial views on most of these especially those covered by ORBX but might take several years to cover all.. Of course, it's better to start from those within Alaska and other familiar areas covered by RTMM already until the interest and momentum gets it going to develop the other areas.. Just a few cents... ;)

Here's link of the top 10 most visited national parks in the North America.. http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/10-most-visited-national-parks-in-the-united-states-and-canada.html
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:09:32 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 09:23:33 PM »
:-) ... you folks are TEMPTING!   But alas, I'm not gonna' bite! :-)  I looked at the NC site, that would have been fun. But the major problem is that these places all have local architecture and our objects are basically water objects and cabins/camping, etc.  Hawaii I could do because I stuck to water areas.

So I think I'm going to pass on anything outside our RTMM area for now. We need to keep all these on the back burner for "maybe sometime" ... but right now, I think we'll stick with our original area. 

SAK and HAWAII were enought "outside" for us for a while.

But thanks to all for the suggestions ... maybe sometime.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »
Have to agree with Doug.  For one thing most of our scenery involves lonesome cabins and small settlements etc. which, unless they were already located in the area of a National Park, are prohibited from being built and/or being occupied by law.  There are some scenery in Parks etc. like Yosimite Vally etc. but these reflect real world already existing locations.
 8)
Later,

Spud

BBQSteve

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 09:33:35 AM »
Dang guys! I thought for sure this little island would have stirred your creative jukces. Especially since the village is so much like many places you have done. Anyway, thanks for looking. Hopefully you'll get bored and try something different soon!   :'(

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 10:49:15 AM »
Ah, but the juices were stirred!  But when you go to "Google" and really look around that place, we could not have done it "justice" with the objects we've got. It is a whole different and beautiful object set. I've never been there and I enjoyed my virtual tour.

BBQSteve

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
Headed there next week. Should I take pictures? Just asking!   8)

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
Have you mentioned this in other forums (Avsim, SOH, FlightSim)? It looks like a nice project. I'm sure if you took pictures, someone might look into it more than just a request. Make sure you take some pictures of the airport and harbor, as those are the most needed. I would work on it a little, but I got some RTMM projects to finish up first. If you want, you can download ADE (Airport Design Editor) and maybe fiddle around with the airport a little bit. If you need any help on ADE (I can compile for you), I would be glad to help ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

BBQSteve

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 10:23:12 PM »
ryapad,

Just arrived on the Island. I will get as many pictures as I can this visit. Some direction as to what is needed, like sides or just face of buildings, houses, shops, etc. Airport is pretty easy. Lake harbor area, ferry landings CG station are somewhat a problem because of relative location of me and objects, but I'll give it my best try.

Thanks for the interest.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »
Steve,
according to the Census there are only 948 people on Ocracoke Island just snap a 'pitcher' of everybody!!!
 ::) :P ;D
Later,

Spud

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 06:25:41 PM »
Steve, when we develop, we use google maps. So, maybe take a look at google and see what is different, and then take your pictures. Airports are the most important because that is when the plane is on the ground, but if you see a Ferris wheel or a big landmark like that, maybe mark it's location on the map and snap a picture. Most importantly, have fun out there, and don't get caught up trying to take pictures :) Only about 10 pictures are needed at most.

BBQSteve

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »
There are probably 948 permanent/semi permanent residence on the Island. I think yesterday all 948 were on the beach fishing!

I have tried to gather basic landmark places here. Funny story, yesterday at the airport a guy and his family just landed and were unloading baggage from their plane. I was just walking out on the tarmac as they passed. As I was taking pictures, he came back out and asked me if I was from the FAA. He said he had to make an unusually low VFR approach because of the 18 mph crosswinds and was concerned someone had complained. He looked a little pale and his family of four as well.

Any how, having a great time and trying to get some persuasive photos!   ;D

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 09:17:32 PM »
There are probably 948 permanent/semi permanent residence on the Island. I think yesterday all 948 were on the beach fishing!

I have tried to gather basic landmark places here. Funny story, yesterday at the airport a guy and his family just landed and were unloading baggage from their plane. I was just walking out on the tarmac as they passed. As I was taking pictures, he came back out and asked me if I was from the FAA. He said he had to make an unusually low VFR approach because of the 18 mph crosswinds and was concerned someone had complained. He looked a little pale and his family of four as well.

Any how, having a great time and trying to get some persuasive photos!   ;D

The FAA is always watching! Be careful out there... ;D

Maybe we should continue this elsewhere?

BBQSteve

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 08:41:25 AM »
After looking at Google Earth, I guess my photos aren't required, except maybe for the airport.

Where would you like them?