Author Topic: Milviz Beaver  (Read 28027 times)

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Re: Milviz Beaver
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 03:51:19 PM »
Keep in mind that they have to tailor this plane to meet the needs and wants of the thousands of people who will end up flying in it. Someone way want extremely realistic engine management, but the next user just wants to get in the air.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »
Anybody have some screenshots to show us?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 05:17:03 PM »
Hi guys i agree , i have A2A cessna also .

i use the VID of  real'ASK  how to do  with DHC2 .

Patrick

[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 05:46:47 PM »
And some more good news....just point the installation to a P3dV4 folder and it works just fine in the new sim.

Henry

AKA102 Alaska Adventures

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 06:15:59 PM »
Anybody have some screenshots to show us?

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2017, 11:18:39 AM »
I have been flying the MilViz Beaver this morning.  I've also been looking at the config files for it.  There are some issues that have me wondering why this plane was $35.  It is a $15 plane, at the most.  What's up with the flaps indicator? ???  It barely moves past the climb flaps mark at landing flaps position, then sweeps all the way across to the left for full flaps.  Strange!  Why can't I taxi and make turns with the rudder pedals?  I must use diff. brakes to turn corners, like a DC-3 or something.  Is that right?  ???  The fuel switch points in the wrong positions.  I changed the autopilot module in the instrument panel, but MilViz has a permanent faceplate on the panel which covers my replacement AP gauge so it's unreadable.  There is only one popup panel for the plane (panel 1).  If you pop it up, it is just a black rectangle at the bottom of the screen.  No gauges at all on it.  No popup GPS or radio stack? ???  No aircraft configuration panels either.  What took so damned long for them to produce this plane.  It is a piece of junk!  But at least I am able to cancel the "wing leveler" function now that I swapped the AP.   ;)

edit:  I forgot - No gear sounds!  I have to look between the seats to see if they went down or not.  :o

A little disappointed    :'(
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:30:12 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »
Thanks for the mini review Jeff. Very informative and eye opening. From your impressions it looks like I'll wait until they address these issues before I jump in, if ever. Now I remember why I don't have to immediately run out and get the latest and greatest of everything as soon as it hits the market. I just want to say thank-you to all of you guinea pigs out there for saving me some $ and disappointment.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:29:52 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 12:23:46 PM »
Handie have the same problem as JEff said

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2017, 04:53:29 PM »
Other than that, she's cherry. Just a thought, is anybody flying this in FSX and having the same issues? Or is this just a P3D anamoly?

jsapair
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »
Other than that, she's cherry.

jsapair

It's not a bad plane, really.  It looks time-worn and used.  It flies reasonably well, although it seems just slightly underpowered :-\.  It is a nice relaxing flight at about 135 knots following shorelines and flying low and slow.  The temp gauges work and engine management is modeled.  All the knobs and buttons work, although I can't read the labels to know what they do.  It's a beaver, but feels mediocre to me.  Nothing to write home about.    ???

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2017, 07:00:27 PM »
Well, I'm seeing the same. I don't think I can use it.

Doug

Stearmandriver

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 12:53:56 AM »
I have been flying the MilViz Beaver this morning.  I've also been looking at the config files for it.  There are some issues that have me wondering why this plane was $35.  It is a $15 plane, at the most.  What's up with the flaps indicator? ???  It barely moves past the climb flaps mark at landing flaps position, then sweeps all the way across to the left for full flaps.  Strange!  Why can't I taxi and make turns with the rudder pedals?  I must use diff. brakes to turn corners, like a DC-3 or something.  Is that right?  ???  The fuel switch points in the wrong positions.  I changed the autopilot module in the instrument panel, but MilViz has a permanent faceplate on the panel which covers my replacement AP gauge so it's unreadable.  There is only one popup panel for the plane (panel 1).  If you pop it up, it is just a black rectangle at the bottom of the screen.  No gauges at all on it.  No popup GPS or radio stack? ???  No aircraft configuration panels either.  What took so damned long for them to produce this plane.  It is a piece of junk!  But at least I am able to cancel the "wing leveler" function now that I swapped the AP.   ;)

edit:  I forgot - No gear sounds!  I have to look between the seats to see if they went down or not.  :o

A little disappointed    :'(

I've been looking forward to this plane for a while,  and I've been testing it out as able the last few days.   Couple observations:

1.  Flap indicator - I'm not seeing this behavior,  but I think it may be related to the fact that this plane models the manual hydraulic "pump down" type flaps instead of an electric system.   This is plenty realistic for a Beaver.   What it means is,  every click of the "lower flaps a notch" button gives you one pump of flaps.   It takes several pumps - so several clicks - to move the flaps to each position, which you can see if you watch the flap indicator.

2.  Requiring differential braking for ground maneuvering - are you referring to the wheeled or amphib model?  Wheeled model has a steerable (though non-castoring, boo) tailwheel and should steer easily with rudder pedals.   Amphib model should require diff braking,  this is realistic (the Aerosoft bird was unrealistic in this regard).

Fuel selector seems to point correctly for me,  though I have the starter animation issue.   I know they're actively squashing bugs so I expect that'll be fixed.   I agree about no pop-up gps, though of course it's easy to add one.   I do like MV's configuration utility that lets you swap between different radio configs, passenger or cargo interior etc.

Also agree about the gear sounds.   I don't know how obvious gear sounds would be in flight - amphib wheels are pretty small,  don't usually make much noise - but I cannot believe there's no gear indicator!   You're apparently supposed to look at the handle... Well,  I don't so much need to know where I commanded the gear to go,  I need to know where it IS.  I doubt there's ever been a retract plane ever built that didn't have at least a mechanical gear INDICATOR.

Those things said,  I'm liking how she flies more and more.   I always enjoyed the Aerosoft flight model,  but it always struck me as too forgiving.   This feels much better,  especially on the back side of the power curve,  and in stalls / spins.  I really like takeoff and landing performance in this thing too;  the Aerosoft always seemed too sprightly,  especially loaded at a high density altitude strip.   This thing claws into the air in a very cushion-sucking "are we gonna make it" feeling that I have no desire to ever experience again in real life,  but that sure makes this plane feel real.

I made a Youtube video reviewing the flight performance,  if anyone wants to see.   It doesn't focus on visuals or systems,  it's all about flying - wheel and 3 point takeoffs and landings, max performance takeoffs and landings,  stalls, spins, slips, and water and ski operations. (Skis had a bug that I think has already been corrected).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nbQBogMgLUA

I was pretty critical in the beginning about wheel landings,  and I retract that as the video progresses - she wheelies ok as long as you're in a low,  negative energy state.   She doesn't like the power - on,  try to brush on the mains type of wheel landing,  goes porpoising down the runway banging the tail... for all I know that's realistic,  though it doesn't feel it.   But those types of landings aren't applicable in Misty's world anyway ;-), and she does the tail low,  power off,  full flaps,  stick the edge of a gravel bar wheel landing really well.

Anyway,  just my thoughts.  In almost all phases of flight,  this feels more realistic than the Aerosoft.  I still have a beef with the way the tail comes up on takeoff,  but if you're primarily a floats flier this won't apply.   Water operations feel much better than Aerosoft.  So,  overall I like this thing... I just hope the improvements keep coming.

av8erjm

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 10:39:55 AM »
One other thing not really a bug but why not, the N plaque on the panel says N297B and there is not a plane in the whole collection with that N number and no matter which aircraft you are in the plaque reads the same. Really for a $35 + price you would think something that has been a staple of all aircraft in the series how could that be overlooked. To me it just shows a let's throw it together and make a quick buck mentality. Other than that the AP operation is the only real bugaboo, not sure which King Bendix it was fashioned after, but none I ever have come across in real world flying

Blue Skies n' Tail Winds
Jim

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 12:27:32 AM »
 :-[     Sorry for the harsh review.  I threw the plane onto my system and flew it.  I compared it to my AS Beaver and drew conclusions prematurely.  That was wrong.  I apologize.  :-[

I need to take some time and read the manual.  Then I would have known that the flaps must be "pumped up" and also about switching instrument panels, etc.   I haven't seen any documentation for it yet, so I will search for a manual for the plane.  (and find out what else I don't know)   ;)

edit:  Found it!  Reading now.   ;) 
        (I also need to teach my (voiceattack) co-pilot how to "pump" the flaps now.)  ???
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:15:24 AM by jeff3163 »

simurq

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 03:11:20 AM »
From what I can see, the long-awaited Beaver has raised mixed comments. No, really, I'd even ceased any 'low-n-slow skyventures' before it's out... Anyway, I also better wait a bit more until at least some of the reported issues that would seriously affect my flying pleasure are settled.
But till then, where can I read some more comments about this birdie, or see the developers' progress reports? I think I have no access to Milviz forums before I buy the plane and register there, no?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:50:43 AM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev