Author Topic: Milviz Beaver  (Read 27975 times)

xxd09

Milviz Beaver
« on: May 23, 2017, 04:15:05 AM »
Hi All
Word of an imminent Milviz Beaver on the Orbyx boards
xxd09

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Re: Milviz Beaver
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 04:57:49 AM »
Hi
just -4 days to buy !

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 08:10:29 AM »
now

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:51:45 AM »
hi to day !
http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/   with a little  -%
for P3DV4 will be a free upgrade

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

gregmorin

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 08:08:35 AM »
I got it last night. it flies great!

Greg

knswee

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »
Any one know why Milviz doesn't use a secure purchase connection.
Was gonna make the purchase but browser had a hissy fit.
Don't need another credit card problem from online purchases ...lol

ken

geezer

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 08:09:49 PM »
Are you SURE it's not secure?  It's very possible to get false positives.  Like the Rtmm scenery changer coming up as malware.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »
So what's the early verdict? I got it. I like the "feel" of it that seems good. But having some problems setting it up for the way I fly (in spot view with my own gauges). I can't find the fuel gauge for it. And the Autopilot works sometimes and sometimes not. When it starts up even in "ready to fly" mode, the instruments are in the off position.  Frankly, I like "pretty" (shame on me), and I suppose most of the Beavers are butt ugly these days, but our New Misty Aerosoft Beaver repaint is a real beauty, wood paneled dash, etc. Also the gauges are more colorful on the Aerosoft at dusk/night and on the Milviz, sort of white/gray.  I just wish I could put the flight dynamics from Milviz into the Aerosoft. These are just first impressions.

Doug

av8erjm

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 08:30:14 AM »
I think the sound on the Aerosoft version comes closer to the Beaver than the Milviz version. Also had a pain in the verification process and had to have them send to OK to use it, something about spam was giving their verification process fits. Did sort of like the ropes on the amphip model flapping in the breeze from under the wing, So 64 dollar question is does it warrant a RTMM paint job???  Blue Skies n' Tail Winds
 Jim

Penzoil3

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 09:01:52 PM »
 8) 8 Yes ! It NEEDS an RTMM paint job!  I use a 3rd party sound pack anyway, but the sound isn't all that bad. It makes the Aerosoft Beaver show it's age.

av8erjm

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 10:31:16 PM »
in real life the duce' does show it age, except for a few meticulously restored aircraft. The ones I have been around are smelly, oily workhorses, but I get your point.

Doug

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
I can't seem to take the Wing Leveler "off" ... if you turn on the autopilot, you cannot turn. The CTRL-V doesn't seem to change it.

Also if you are using an autopilot as I do, you cannot keep the ALT button to stay turned "on."  I'm using P33 V4 ... and they've got a fix coming for "4" next week. Maybe that will fix some of the problems.

Also for any of your panel gurus out there ... Where is the fuel quantity gauge? I need to add it to my "mini panel" and can't find the darned thing.

Like any new product there are going to be some things to get used to, I'm not writing this off yet, but after fooling with it for an hour or so, going back into the Misty Aerosoft Amphib is pure pleasure! :-)

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 03:57:04 PM »
I am using the amphib as an AI and that functions well, no frame hit.

av8erjm

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 04:11:02 PM »
Doug I'm having the same issue, tried pulling the AP cfg out of another aircraft but to no avail must be something the a model, but that is above my pay grade Oh and I'm in FSX so it's in all platforms

Doug

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 04:30:57 PM »
Just heard from Osh over at MilViz. He got ne onto their forum, so we can talk to them.  Right now they are in the middle of launch... and I'll wait a little so they can get past this. Then we can go after some of these. I do like the flight dynamics. The interior etc, we can probably get Klaus to fix up for us. Not being able to turn off the wing leveler when on autopilot is interesting too. Keep in mind too, they have something coming next week for P3D V4.  So let's keep playing with it, maybe we can figure out the problems. We can use this forum to siport of have a list of our concerns. I'm flying it without any of the instrumentation btw.