Author Topic: On THE PIPE  (Read 5235 times)

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
On THE PIPE
« on: May 22, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »
hello flight over  RTMM BWEP

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: On THE PIPE
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 06:39:09 PM »
Nice pics!

Rod

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:41:50 PM »
Wow! Nice pictures ;D
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

LouP

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:25:37 PM »
Nice pictures.  Is that pipe tough on your pc or is it an issue on my end.  The frames just drop when I'm around that pipeline.  Don't get me wrong, it looks great, just wondering if there is a way to get better performance around it.

LouP

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »
The pipeline is a tad hard on FPS due to its size and many many objects for each section of pipe and supports.  Do you experience stuttering and or mini-lockups while flying the pipeline?  If so perhaps your system is not up to the intensive scenery of the pipeline.  If your experiencing just a slowdown in FPS but the scenery flows smoothly then hit SHIFTZ and turn off the FPS display and enjoy flying.  Smooth flowing scenery is possible with less than 20 FPS.  Cranking them up does nothing to improve how the scenery looks but can degrade how smooth the sim looks.  Personnally I lock my FPS at 30 and so far have not seen any problems with scenery display or smoothness.
 8)
Later,

Spud

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 09:20:02 PM »
The pipeline is a tad hard on FPS due to its size and many many objects for each section of pipe and supports.  Do you experience stuttering and or mini-lockups while flying the pipeline?  If so perhaps your system is not up to the intensive scenery of the pipeline.  If your experiencing just a slowdown in FPS but the scenery flows smoothly then hit SHIFTZ and turn off the FPS display and enjoy flying.  Smooth flowing scenery is possible with less than 20 FPS.  Cranking them up does nothing to improve how the scenery looks but can degrade how smooth the sim looks.  Personnally I lock my FPS at 30 and so far have not seen any problems with scenery display or smoothness.
 8)

yep +1

In flight with friends and "FFStracker 2" we need to put 25 FPS in setting  for all simer connecting to the server ! and i'm allways to 24.8 +/- FPS  and it's very smooth ...

Thanks guys for your comments

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 10:54:04 AM »
Well, I have bad news for you. Somethings amiss with your BWEP Scenery download because you're pictures are showing some of my marker balloons visible. I used them to help me layout the pipe so I knew where the direction of travel went. But they were removed before release, so you must have some of our test scenery or some other BWEP download installed that's not correct. You need to take your current BWEP package and remove it. Sorry but that's not how it's supposed to look. You shouldn't be seeing those balloons.

So, please do the following to have the correct scenery representation.

Start up your flight simulator, go into your simulator's Addon Scenery menu and delete the entire BWEP collection you have completely from your addon scenery library. Again, do this inside the simulator menu area for Addon Scenery first.

Please do this for the addon scenery AND any BWEP object library entries you have. Just to make sure you have the latest release of scenery and objects for the next steps and not leaving any remnants behind. Steve updated his BWEP objects quite a bit over the pre-release period and since that time so it's important to remove what you have in there now and start with the very latest objects and correct scenery release.

Once you've completed those steps inside the simulator, close the simulator.

Next go into your PC file folders and inside your simulator file directory structure, delete your current BWEP scenery folder and all BWEP objects completely. These need to be removed inside your PC's Flightsim program Addon Scenery folders.

Now go to RTMM and download the BWEP file for Southern Alaska first. Remember that there are two versions available for users and you will need to choose the correct download. Select ONLY the version for your current choice of airport at Valdez. One BWEP SAK version is for use with the default airport that comes with ORBX Southern Alaska and one BWEP SAK version is for use with the payware PAVD airport from ORBX. So make sure you download the correct one for your version of airport at Valdez.

Install the BWEP SAK Scenery for your version of PAVD as instructed. Don't start up the sim yet to activate it inside the sim. Install the BWEP library of objects from the next step below first.

Download the latest BWEP object libraries. These are located on the RTMM Object Library Page and the latest BWEP library is dated 2/12/17. Follow the instructions to install that collection of BWEP objects.

Now start up the simulator. Once it's ready, go to the addon scenery menu to locate and then activate the new BWEP scenery and objects you just downloaded and installed.

Now shut down the simulator.

Once you re-start the simulator, the database will read the new entries and you'll be able to take a discovery flight from PAVD again. This time, please take some pictures along the route you took before and post some pictures here again so we can make sure you're now using the correct version of BWEP that doesn't show the marker balloons anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to do these necessary steps.

Brad
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:56:46 AM by Bradallen43 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 12:40:26 PM »
Wasn't there a hidden link somewhere on the website that linked to the internal beta version of BWEP before public release that some people discovered? It was meant for team members only. I bet this is where Patrick got his version.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »
Steve,

That's a good guess and since Patrick is one of our inside/preferred members, that might be the reason. Nevertheless, we need to get Patrick set up with the correct representation of that project.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 07:20:51 PM »
Just tookoff from PAVD to deliver more supplies to the pipeline workers.  Just an old bushplane that has seen a world of use but it is honest work!
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 10:05:15 PM »
Good eye and good catch on the balloons, Brad. Nobody except one of you developers would ever have caught that. I kinda' like 'em. Pipeline Fly In.

jsapair
Jsapair

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 07:00:00 AM »
Wasn't there a hidden link somewhere on the website that linked to the internal beta version of BWEP before public release that some people discovered? It was meant for team members only. I bet this is where Patrick got his version.

Hi i love the Ballons
this version i download in BWEP scenery  and also with PAVD link PAVD payware ORBX  . That all !

but as is notify by BRAD  ( thank you for your work) i remove all "beta" to do the last version look without Ballon .
But i'm not allown to have Ballons along the pipe, all my friend, download the same on RTMM .??   ;D ;D

good W-E.

Patrick
edit : here a part RTMM when i download with dates ..

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:08:16 AM by NeptuneP2V7 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 01:07:39 PM »
Patrick,
The version your using was a test sample for pipeline scenery during the check phase of development and should not have been downloaded by RTMM users for thier sim.
if you like the balloons leave the beta version in your sim just do not pass it on to anyone else because it was a BEATA test.  The balloons marked the temporary end of the pipeline at that time and were meant to be 'placemarks'.  They are not very real to life but are an interesting diversion.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Penzoil3

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 09:10:06 PM »
 8) I like the ballons too. Any possibility of getting a BWEP ballon add on ?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 07:18:02 AM »
The Beta versions were incomplete and had mistakes in them so I do't know why anyone would actually want it.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support