Author Topic: Do missions have an economic side?  (Read 2206 times)

Akmatov

Do missions have an economic side?
« on: April 24, 2017, 06:23:35 AM »
Total novice here. Right now I'm just rebuilding and intend to stick with the excellent Tecnam Sierra by Ant, a two seater LSA with vanilla FSX GPS, but with GTN 650/750 and GNS 450/550 capability. Lots of scope for navigation learning.

A quick look at "Missions" suggests they are more flight plans than missions involving passengers or cargo. Or am I missing something?  Certainly they would be a great skeleton on which to develop hauling passengers or cargo. I have a vague memory that FS Captain supports you setting up your own flights and provides an economic aspect. So I could operate as an air taxi with a small a.c. and later fly the same route in a C130.

What might I be missing?
The squeaky wheel will never get oiled unless you ask, but you don't need to be an axle about it.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Do missions have an economic side?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:28:26 AM »
    It sounds like you're interested in a program called "Air Hauler 2".  The missions don't provide any economy gameplay or company management.  Air Hauler 2 does.  Learn more about it here:

https://www.justflight.com/articles/air-hauler-2-early-access-version-available

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »
You could also use MIT (maintaince income tool) by one of the guys at Sim Outhouse. It is sort if like a free version of air hauler. I haven't tried it yet, but he added engine and landing gear wear, plus costumer satisfaction points. The only issue with it is that you need to file a flight plan and fly it, which could be problematic for many of RTMM's off airport locations.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/released-m-i-t-maintenance-and-income-tool.434351/

You can ask him questions on any forum (like if you can fly off airport). If you don't have other forum accounts, I could ask for you.

Biggest problem is, most floatplanes don't have parking breaks, so you would need to add those in the aircraft.cfg
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:24:23 PM by ryapad »
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Akmatov

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:07:52 PM »
Thx for the info. MIT looks especially interesting as all the others seem to get you embedded into a whole ecology. I just want to fly occasional charters to pay for maintenance and beer money.
The squeaky wheel will never get oiled unless you ask, but you don't need to be an axle about it.

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
I don't know if you saw it, but one if the neat features of MIT is that you can fly cargo flights during the week, and then spend the money you made on the cargo flights on random fun flights on the weekend.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:56:11 PM by ryapad »
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Akmatov

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 03:14:17 AM »
missed that and is a very interesting idea, thx